Youth prison guard fired over his racial comments on FacebookAugust 7th, 2010 - 1:08 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Cuyahoga County, Aug 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For posting racial abuse comments on Facebook, a youth prison guard has been fired from his job. The guard - Matthew Azzano is 33 years old and he had been working at the facility since March 31, 2008 and was paid $16.78 per hour.
According to the juvenile correctional facility authorities, Azzano’s comments were aimed at black co-workers and black inmates and the authorities say the comments were racial. Azzano has however not commented on the issue and attempts by the media to reach him on his phone has failed because his telephone line has been disconnected. Facebook has also taken down the page that contained the racist comments.
Azzano who is white is reported to have admitted posting the comments on the social networking site adding that he was not a violent person, but he has a problem controlling his anger.
Authorities at the Department of Youth Services in Ohio said it was important to send the note to all that the DYS does not tolerate any kind of racial abuse and harassment.
However Azzano’s defense team declined to comment on the issue, saying it is likely that there might be a legal case filed against him.
- British cops sacked for inappropriate comments on Facebook - Dec 30, 2011
- Middleton's bodyguard tangled in 'racist and sexist abuse case' - Jan 31, 2011
- South African Police probe controversial Facebook photo figure - Aug 29, 2011
- Mel Gibson's Racist Rant Against His Estranged Girlfriend Caught On Tape - Jul 03, 2010
- Terry facing criminal charges over alleged racial slurs - Dec 22, 2011
- Cop fired for Carl Crawford slur - Jul 27, 2012
- Juveniles facing torture, sexual abuse in Berhampur observation home - Oct 07, 2010
- Carl Douglas slams 'Kung Fu Fighting' singer's arrest - Apr 28, 2011
- British-Indian model sues school for racism - Jul 25, 2012
- Was prisoner using Facebook in jail? - Apr 10, 2012
- India's football coach Houghton denies racism charges - Feb 26, 2011
- Student jailed for offensive Muamba tweets - Mar 27, 2012
- Swiss footballer expelled from Olympics for racism - Jul 31, 2012
- Drunk Brit Muslim woman admits racist tirade against police officer - Nov 20, 2010
- Sexual assault to stealing, little boy goes on crime-spree - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: 33 years, anger, attempts, authorities, co workers, cuyahoga county, dys, facebook, harassment, inmates, juvenile correctional facility, legal case, prison guard, racial abuse, racial comments, racist comments, social networking site, telephone line, violent person, youth prison