Yellowstone National Park officials hunt for a killer grizzly bearJuly 7th, 2011 - 7:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Yellowstone National Park, Wyo., July 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Officials at the Yellowstone National Park are hunting for a killer grizzly bear. The animal is on the loose at the park and the officials have closed down some parts of the park to ensure the safety of the visiting public.
The victim has been identified as a 57-year-old man and officials at the park said they will only release the name of the man once the family has been informed of the incident. The attack took place on Wednesday and officials are trying to downplay the incident so that tourists at the park are not alarmed.
Officials explained that a female bear was responsible for the attack. The victim was hiking with his wife when they surprised the animal and its cubs prompting the animal to attack. The wife whose life was spared in the incident later called the emergency service.
The wife explained that when the animal attacked, the husband asked her to run from the place. She admitted that she never had time to witness the attack on the husband. The animal turned its attention on the wife but she dropped on the ground and only suffered minor scratches which she didn’t seek treatment for.
The attack is the first fatal grizzly attack in Yellowstone since the last one was recorded in 1986.
- Yellowstone National Park officials confirm grizzly attack death - Aug 30, 2011
- Bear shot dead after it mauls 70-year-old man - Jun 20, 2010
- One Dead and Two Injured in Montana Bear Attack Near Yellowstone - Jul 29, 2010
- Orphaned grizzlies sent to the Montana zoo - Dec 21, 2010
- Soda Butte Campground Nightmare - Jul 29, 2010
- Premiere Of The Infamous Orphaned Grizzlies Takes Place At A Zoo In Montana - Dec 21, 2010
- Scientists Warn Of Hungry Bears At Yellowstone - Aug 23, 2010
- Orphaned Grizzlies At ZooMontana Turn Out To Be Latest Attraction For Visitors - Dec 21, 2010
- Jack Hanna Fends Off A Grizzly Bear By Utilizing Pepper Spray - Jul 28, 2010
- Escaped bears kill two in Japan - Apr 20, 2012
- Bear follows dog into house and then attacks couple - Oct 04, 2011
- Sarah Palin encounters brown bear on fishing trip - Jul 29, 2010
- Kashmir officials start radio collaring of leopards - Mar 19, 2012
- Bengal Tiger gets new home - Aug 13, 2012
- Jack Hanna Fights Off Grizzly Bear With Pepper Spray - Jul 28, 2010