Yellow Jackets, Not Bees, Are Culpable For The Attack In A FairJuly 4th, 2010 - 10:11 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 4, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The pyrotechnics show at the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton apparently annoyed a nest of yellow jackets in close proximity to the audience. This gave rise to the stinging of a projected 70 individuals on Friday night.
The pyrotechnics program commenced at 9:15 p.m. Halfway via the show, at about 9:30, a cluster of yellow jackets were provoked at the north end of the grandstands. This data was revealed by the fair spokesperson, April Mitchell.
Linda Perez, who happened to be one among the sufferers, stated that she, out of the blue, commenced to undergo terrible anguish as a result of the stinging.
In excess of 70 individuals were stung regardless of the hard work of the fair employees and the police force to detach the individuals from the grandstand region. All the persons, who were the unfortunate victims of stinging, were taken care of at the scene by the Alameda County firefighters.
No person experienced an allergic response to the stings and no one was in a pitiable state that required a journey to the hospital.
Investigators, to begin with, deemed that the stings were from bees. However, 10 insect corpses were later brought together and it was ascertained that they were ground-burrowing yellow jackets. The area was scrutinized painstakingly and a ground nest was unearthed. The nest was later extracted from the area.
There were in the region of 5,000 persons sitting in the grandstand in anticipation of the pyrotechnics program.
- Alameda County Fair Attacked By Yellow Bees - Jul 04, 2010
- 81-Year-Old Woman Stung By Yellow Wasps, Now In Critical Condition - Nov 04, 2010
- Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new record - Jul 05, 2011
- 81 Year Old Woman Critical After Suffering 1000 Wasp Stings - Nov 04, 2010
- Dougherty County Man Curtis Davis Killed By Africanized "Killer Bees", Authorities Confirm - Oct 25, 2010
- Earthquake Of 3.7 Magnitude Hits Bay Area In Southern California - Oct 14, 2009
- Killer Honeybees Sting A Man To Death In Dougherty County - Oct 25, 2010
- Athletes on shopping spree at Olympic Park - Aug 03, 2012
- Ship In Boston Harbor Runs Aground And Is Subsequently Emptied - Jul 04, 2010
- Scientists show how to spot an angry wasp - Aug 20, 2010
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Indian-African origin Kamala Harris to be 1st woman ever to hold California's AG office - Dec 25, 2010
- Bee swarms make decisions like humans - Dec 11, 2011
- 8 Individuals Missing On Account Of A Wildfire In Colorado - Sep 09, 2010
- Bees kill man at wife's cremation - Sep 20, 2009
Tags: alameda county fair, allergic response, anguish, bees, close proximity, corpses, county firefighters, grandstand, grandstands, july 4 2010, linda perez, men at work, out of the blue, pen men, pleasanton, police force, pyrotechnics show, spokesperson, unfortunate victims, yellow jackets