Wreckless driving takes the life of 16 year-old Jennifer PerlaJune 1st, 2009 - 8:36 pm ICT by GD
On the night of her prom, 16 year-old Jennifer Perla was on her way to High school. She was wearing a blue colored dress which was her favorite. Unfortunately, she did not have even the least inkling that she would be dead moments after leaving her home.
Jennifer Perla, a cheerleader from the Taft High School in Woodland Hills, died Saturday night. It was the night of her prom when she succumbed to a car accident. The SUV in which she was traveling overturned on the 110 southbound freeway. Perla’s death was instant and seven others who were traveling with her suffered from serious injury. As per the reports received from the authorities, the group was heading towards their high school to attend the prom.
Jennifer Perla, who is a resident of Encino, met with an instantaneous death after she crashed out from her vehicle. The car was being driven by 18-year-old Kenneth Mullen of North Hollywood, who seems to have lost control of the vehicle an inch south of 3rd Street, where the car had ended up after the crash. According to the reports from the Los Angeles County coroner’s investigator, Jerry McKibben, the accident took place at around 8:10 pm and that Jennifer Perla died on the scene of accident.
The seven other passengers whose ages are between 16-18 suffered minor to moderate injuries, for which they received some treatment and soon after they were all released.
On being interviewed by the authorities, the family members of Jennifer told the police that Jennifer was very fond of dancing and had been invited to the prom by a senior. Reflecting on the pose that she had struck before leaving for the prom, her brother Mike Perla said, “She looked so beautiful in that dress,” further adding “She was stunning.”
- Lilo back to work after car accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Accident On 57 Freeway In Fullerton - Jul 24, 2009
- The Prom Dress That Ruined The Prom Night - May 31, 2010
- 90 year old woman going on her first prom date with her great-grandson - May 04, 2010
- Actress Cathy Moriarty Involved In Hit-And-Run Case? - Nov 07, 2010
- Zombie Crash Creates Confusion Among Rescuers! - Jul 12, 2010
- 91 Freeway Closed Due To Truck Explosion - May 29, 2010
- US lesbian student wins right to wear tuxedo to senior school prom - Apr 02, 2011
- Comedian Robert Schimmel Admitted To Medical Facility In Serious Condition - Sep 04, 2010
- Rookie go searching for a missing girl - Aug 20, 2010
- Man finds wallet lost in school 50 years ago - May 01, 2011
- 'Structural failure of launching girder led to Mumbai bridge crash' - Jul 20, 2012
- Oregon Brothers' Vehicles Collide Head-on Leading To The Death Of One - Jul 15, 2010
- Juliette Lewis's Hit-N-Run Car Crash - Oct 08, 2010
- 17-years-old teen makes graduation dress from old math homework - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: authorities, brother mike, car accident, cheerleader, colored dress, encino, family members, freeway, instantaneous death, least inkling, los angeles county, los angeles county coroner, mullen, north hollywood, perla, pose, prom, saturday night, taft high school, woodland hills