World’s Oldest Person Aged 130 Years Living In RussiaJuly 10th, 2010 - 7:05 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Moscow, Russia, July 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Antisa Khvichava of Georgia on Thursday celebrated not her 80th or her 100th birthday but her 130th birthday along with family members and officials who had come to see the proof of her age. The family claims if proven true then she would become the oldest person to have lived in this earth. The Guinness Book of World Record for the category of the oldest person is held by a Japanese lady who breathed her last a week before her 115th birthday.
There are many documents that testify the age of Antisa Khvichava to be 130. Her pension book, Soviet-era pass book and some notes in archives testify that she was born in July 8, 1880. However, like many others, the Birth certificate of Antisa Khvichava got lost during revolutions and wars. The lady, who retired from her work back in 1965 at the age of 85 now lives with her son Mikheil and many grandchildren in a remote Georgia mountain village. On July 8, Antisa Khvichava who now keeps to the bed for most of the time rose to welcome the visitors and guests. She said that although she feels weak, she does not want to stay in bed. Her son Mikheil wished his mother a long life.
However, some experts have cast doubt on the claims made by the lady and her family. Although the Georgian Officials said that the documents attest for the age of Antisa Khvichava, Stephen Coles a lecturer and member of the Gerontology Research Group in University of California has said that documents dating to the time of her birth are required. Stephen Coles who assists the Guinness Book of World Record said that if such a document is not found then “this claim will remain a curiosity in a newspaper floating on the Internet”.
- Antisa Khvichava Of Russia, World's Oldest Person Celebrates 130th Birthday - Jul 10, 2010
- World's oldest person is 130 years old! - Jul 09, 2010
- '130-year-old' Georgian woman launches World Record bid - Mar 11, 2010
- Russian authorities claim that Antisa Khvichava is the world's oldest person at 130 years - Jul 09, 2010
- Georgian woman, 'world's oldest person', turns 130 - Jul 09, 2010
- World's oldest person celebrates 116th birthday - Aug 28, 2012
- Oldest person in the world dies aged 114 - Nov 05, 2010
- US great-great-grandmother named world's oldest living person at 114 - Mar 11, 2011
- Oldest US woman - Mary Josephine Ray dies, she was 114 years old - Mar 09, 2010
- World's oldest dog Pusuke dies at the age of 26 years - Dec 08, 2011
- World's oldest man dies aged 114 - Apr 15, 2011
- 114-year-old Brazilian enters Guinness record - May 19, 2011
- 'UK's oldest cat' to celebrate her 24th b'day - Dec 11, 2010
- World's oldest person turns 115 - Aug 28, 2011
- American Eunice Sanborn Named Oldest Woman Across The World - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: 100th birthday, birth certificate, book of world record, coles, curiosity, dey, family members, georgia mountain, gerontology research group, grandchildren, guinness book of world, guinness book of world record, japanese lady, lecturer, madhuri, moscow russia, oldest person, proof, revolutions, university of california