World’s Biggest Burger To Find It’s Place In Guinness Book Of World RecordsJune 14th, 2010 - 7:15 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sydney, June 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For all those who find it hard to finish a half pound hamburger be alarmed as you might not believe your own ears.
That’s right. This is the world’s biggest burger which is 356 times bigger than the regular half pound. It weighs 90 kg and as calculated can feed 100 people.
The ingredients of the burger are as heavy as the total size. It includes 6kg of salad and a total of 150 cheese slices, 16 tomatoes, 81kg of mince, 21kg of bread and 2kg of lettuce. It was treated upon with sesame seed bun and around half kilo of specially prepared barbecue sauce which adds to the flavor of the massive burger.
Apart from that, the burger includes 150 eggs smashed into a base of 150 kgs of beef patty.The chief brain behind this massive burger is Joe El-Ajouz who happens to be the owner of Ambrosia On The Spot which is located in Eastern Sydney at the outskirts of Randwick. It was said that the massive burger should stay on the cafe’s menu for a minimum period of 12 months to successfully register it’s name in the Guinness Book Of World Records.
When asked about the innovative concept, the owner told the media that although the end product looks good it was hard to cook the meat for the burger. It took a total of 12 hours to cook the entire burger. The burger has been already sent over to the office of Guinness World Record in London for verification.
The owners are confident that their burger will definitely make it the book of Guinness World Records replacing the earlier record set by a burger that was made in America and weighed 185 pounds.
- Sydney cafe makes world's biggest burger ever! - Jun 07, 2010
- Australian Cafe cooks the world's biggest burger - Jun 14, 2010
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new record - Jul 05, 2011
- Mexico City Cooks Up World's Largest Enchilada - Oct 19, 2010
- World's biggest burger weights more than 13 stone! - Sep 17, 2009
- World's Biggest Burger Finds A Place In The Guinness Book Of Records - Jun 14, 2010
- Burger King to launch 'Pizza Burger' with 2,520-calorie! - Aug 23, 2010
- World's largest 230-foot enchilada made in Mexico City - Oct 19, 2010
- Mexicans chefs prepare world's largest enchilada - Oct 19, 2010
- World's largest chocolate bar weighs six tonnes - Oct 13, 2011
- A 71-kg silver ring sets Guinness record - Dec 24, 2010
- Dubai sets world record by making largest doner kebab - Aug 28, 2011
- Lebanon Declares That It Possesses The Record Of The World's Biggest Hummus Plate - May 11, 2010
- Man attempts Guinness record with 300 kg shoes on - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: 12 months, ambrosia, barbecue sauce, beef patty, book of world records, cheese slices, eastern sydney, guinness book of world, guinness book of world records, guinness world record, guinness world records, june 14, kgs, kilo, lettuce, minimum period, outskirts, pound hamburger, randwick, sesame seed bun