Woman accused of theft by TESCO after finding waffles at her houseFebruary 11th, 2011 - 7:58 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Feb 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 21-year-old supermarket worker was arrested after helping herself with what she thought was food that had been thrown out by Tesco.
The woman, Sasha Hall, was handcuffed and taken to the police station when they raided her house shortly after she took some food that had been left on the street by Tesco. Hall says when she found the food abandoned on the street by Tesco, she believed that rather than let them go waste she could help herself by taking some home to feed her family. She estimated that the quantity that she took home could take care of her family for a week or two.
She told reporters that she was shocked when the police banged on her door later and demanded that she has to open the door to prevent the police from breaking in. When she did, she was handcuffed escorted into a waiting police car. She claims that the police also raided her house.
She has been charged with theft by finding and will appear before a judge on the 16th of February to defend herself against the charges.
A spokesperson of Tesco explained that “We are assisting the police with their inquiries. We seek to minimise waste in all our stores and where possible will seek to reuse and recycle it.”
- To bail out lover, girl burgles employer's house - Oct 06, 2011
- Couple jailed, lose custody of daughter, over stolen sandwiches - Oct 31, 2011
- How French granny stuck in loo for 3 weeks kept her spirits up - Nov 26, 2010
- Man Arrested In Front Of Hilton Residence - Oct 14, 2010
- Mamata worships goddess Kali, gives 'prasad' - Oct 27, 2011
- Rose Devlin & Denise Egan's theft attempt goes wrong - Nov 23, 2011
- Eight people hurt in Salford Tesco fridge explosion - Dec 13, 2010
- X-factor in a spot over 'Tesco Plugs' - Oct 10, 2010
- Careless garbage dumping could soon cost Beijing residents dearly - Nov 20, 2010
- Lohan swears off dating - Apr 04, 2012
- Minor girl commits suicide with father's gun - Aug 22, 2012
- Hooker Donna Asutaits jailed for tax evasion - Jul 10, 2012
- Russian woman loses fight to keep dogs instead of parents - Jul 29, 2011
- British woman convicted for 229th time - Jun 28, 2011
- Berlusconi 'paid a significant number of women to have sex' - Jan 18, 2011