Willy Wonka Gum May Become A RealityOctober 13th, 2010 - 7:53 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Oct 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Willy Wonka gum may not remain a fictional concept in the coming days with the development of a breakthrough technology that resorts to microscopic capsules to release various flavors simultaneously. The Norwich based Institute of Food Research’s scientists are going to implement this technology. Dave Hart, the Food scientist Professor has come up with a boiled layered sweet that is capable of changing flavor. He said in an interview that the fantasy concoction of Wonka is something millions of children across the world has dreamt about. By chewing these gums a person can get three distinct flavors one after the other. Before chewing the flavors remain distinct from one another.
The food researchers in the USA are also trying to come up with similar gums in near future. Tony Dinsmore a Physics professor in the University of Massachusetts has developed a technique which allow the flavor molecules to be captured separately inside the capsules. Fictional as it may sound, the person who chews the gum will get the flavor of tomato soup at first bite. If he chews the gum further he may get the flavor of roast beef. After chewing more vigorously he will get the flavor of blueberry pie. This may sound straight out of a science fiction film but the day is not far when one can see such gums getting sold from retail stores.
The developments in food technology is slowly altering the way people eat food. The news has made the Willy Wonka gum excited and some of them have already posted their comments on the social metalworking accounts.
- Willy Wonka Gum May Soon Become A Reality - Oct 13, 2010
- Triple flavoured sticks of chewing gum in offing - Oct 08, 2010
- Willy Wonka-style chewing gum may soon be a reality - Oct 20, 2010
- Will swallowed gum stay in your stomach? - Jan 26, 2012
- Caffeinated gum keeps Israeli pilots, commandos alert - May 18, 2012
- Chewing your way to weight loss - Nov 22, 2011
- Reducing salt in crisps, yet keeping it tasty - Feb 19, 2012
- Now, non-stick chewing gum to keep streets clean - Oct 05, 2010
- Chewing gum lowers calorie intake - Oct 28, 2009
- Want a baby? Take good care of your gums - Jul 06, 2011
- Chewing sugar-free gum can reduce calorie intake - Oct 28, 2009
- Jessica Simpson Reveals Nicotine Gum Addiction - May 02, 2010
- Blueberries help build sturdy bones - Jun 22, 2011
- Tropical blueberry is the ultimate super fruit - Apr 28, 2011
- Scientists developing salt-resistant rice - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: blueberry pie, breakthrough technology, concoction, dave hart, dinsmore, distinct flavors, first bite, food researchers, food scientist, food technology, gums, institute of food research, metalworking, physics professor, ranjan, roast beef, science fiction film, tomato soup, university of massachusetts, willy wonka