Wildfires Spread In Boulder, Large Scale Evacuations Takes PlaceOctober 30th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Boulder, Oct 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Two wildfires near the city of Boulder in Colorado has triggered large scale evacuations in the region as well as the neighboring foothills. Authorities have confirmed that nearly 140 homes in the three subdivisions along the foothills of Boulder County have been evacuated just a short while after the wildfires were reported for the first time and more people might be shifted to safer locations to avert any untoward incident.
According to Michelle Kelly, who is associated with the incident management team of the Boulder County, as many as 150 firefighters are working unrelentingly to bring the wildfires under control after the two fires merged on Friday afternoon and expanded to 134 acres across the region. While talking about the relief measures that has been undertaken, Boulder County sheriff’s Cmdr. Rick Brough stated that the evacuations process was being carried out as a precautionary measure in the wake of fears that the heavy winds might spread the wildfires even further. At the same time, the Boulder County sheriff also went on to say that at the moment the wildfires do not pose any threat to any homes as the winds had lost considerable amount of strength.
In the meanwhile, a spokesperson of the Colorado Office of Emergency Management has stated that the fire was gradually making its way towards the Elephant Buttress above Dome Rock and as a result the authorities are in the process of evacuating extensive areas along the Knollwood, Canon Park as well as the Seven Hills subdivisions. All the city offices, court, schools in the city of Boulder remained closed on Friday afternoon.
- Wildfire In Boulder County Spreads Over 4 Square Miles - Sep 07, 2010
- 8 Individuals Missing On Account Of A Wildfire In Colorado - Sep 09, 2010
- Wildfire forces thousands to flee in US - Sep 08, 2010
- Three killed in collision between two planes - Feb 07, 2010
- Three die in Colorado mid-air crash - Feb 07, 2010
- Colorado Wildfire Still Threatening, 8 People Missing - Sep 09, 2010
- 1,300 homes destroyed in Texas wildfire - Sep 09, 2011
- Man arrested in Colorado mall bomb attempt - Apr 27, 2011
- Wildfire destroys hundreds of homes in Texas - Sep 06, 2011
- Wildfire In Flagstaff Leads To Evacuations - Jun 20, 2010
- Arizona Cops Detain Man In Connection With Flagstaff Wildfire - Jun 20, 2010
- Colorado fires spread to 3,500 acres; 1,000 homes evacuated - Sep 07, 2010
- Texas battles new wildfires as extreme drought continues - Sep 02, 2011
- Wildfire Near Tehachapi Burns More Than 30 Homes - Jul 28, 2010
- Ammo train explodes, sets off Siberia wildfire - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: boulder county sheriff, city of boulder, cmdr, colorado office of emergency management, dome rock, elephant, firefighters, friday afternoon, gina gomez, incident management team, knollwood, large scale, michelle kelly, office of emergency management, precautionary measure, relief measures, seven hills, spokesperson, two fires, untoward incident