Wildfire Near Tehachapi Burns More Than 30 HomesJuly 28th, 2010 - 6:39 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Tehachapi, California, July 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A massive wildlife fire broke out at a distance of 10 miles in the southeast direction of the town of Tehachapi which completely devastated at least 30 homes in the locality. Officials have stated that as many as 200 firefighters were at the scene of the incident to bring the situation under control owing to the fact that around 150 structures were threatened due to the fire.
While revealing information about the incident, Anthony Romero who is an engineer of the Kern County Fire Department revealed that fire broke out around 3 p.m but it quickly engulfed around 50 acres. The fire department engineer highlighted that the strong wind that was blowing in the region was an important factor in enabling the fire to spread across wider areas. However, the officials have not been able to shed any light into the cause of the fire which is still under investigation. A shelter has been established at the Old Jacobs Jr. High School in the Mojave Desert town of Tehachapi after residents of the Old West Ranch were asked to evacuate on Tuesday afternoon.
Meanwhile, as per a news release on Tuesday night, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared a state of emergency in the Kern County in the southern Central Valley. The statement that was released by the California governor read that the magnitude of the wildfires are so extensive that it requires the combined forces of different regions to bring it under control. It has been emphasized that the state government agencies have been ordered to provide resources to aid the county in this moment of distress.
- WildFire Engulfs Parts Of Palmdale, Hundreds Evacuated - Jul 30, 2010
- Texas battles new wildfires as extreme drought continues - Sep 02, 2011
- California wildfire rages, only 5 percent contained - Sep 02, 2009
- 200 homes evacuated due to wildfire in US - Aug 25, 2010
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Fire in Kanpur plastics scrapyard - May 17, 2011
- California Reels Under Record Rainfall, Flooding - Dec 23, 2010
- Herriman Wildfire Burns More Than 300 Acres Of Land, Evacuation Continues - Sep 20, 2010
- 20 homes destroyed in the White Swan fire - Feb 14, 2011
- Is Mildred Patricia Baena Arnold Schwarzenegger's mistress? - May 18, 2011
- Two firemen killed in US blaze - Apr 10, 2012
- Firefighters gain on California fire (Lead) - May 10, 2009
- Fire In Baltimore's Adult Entertainment Zone Brought Under Control - Dec 07, 2010
- Wildfires Spread In Boulder, Large Scale Evacuations Takes Place - Oct 30, 2010
- 'All hell' breaks loose in California wildfire - May 09, 2009
Tags: arnold schwarzenegger, california governor, central valley, county fire department, department engineer, desert town, different regions, firefighters, gina gomez, governor arnold schwarzenegger, kern county fire department, mojave desert, situation under control, state government agencies, state of emergency, strong wind, tehachapi california, tuesday afternoon, wildfires, wildlife fire