Wikileaks Anti-war Hero Bradley Manning Gets Support Of ActivistsAugust 22nd, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Hagerstown, Aug 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Army personnel who shot to fame after getting associated with the leakage of secret information of US army has achieved the status of a hero. The anti war activists have even stated a global campaign for getting him released. The supporters of Bradley Manning held demonstrations at places like Quantico and Oklahoma City. They shouted and said that he revealed the closely guarded secrets of US war machinery and it was not a crime by any means. A support group named Courage to Resist has been formed to support the cause of the wikileaks hero in California. The group has already raised $45,000 from18 nations to get a competent civilian defense attorney for Bradley Manning.
Bradley Manning used to work as an intelligence analyst in Baghdad and he has been slapped with charges of illegally downloading secret classified material. He may get up to 52 years imprisonment if the accusations against him are proved. The Pentagon thinks he has leaked several other important and high profile footage on US war in Iraq and Afghanistan to wiki leaks. He has got military lawyers for his case and they have refused to comment on the issue. He was taken into custody in May.
Some of the US political veterans think his acts were treasonous. The public opinion on him is divided. A lot of people however thinks he did not commit any heinous crime and should not be given life term. The US administration has been left red faced after Wiki leaks revealed some of the closely guarded secret about its activities in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- WikiLeaks suspect Manning to be moved to new prison - Apr 20, 2011
- Suspect In The 'Wikileaks' Disclosure Has Become An Anti-War Hero - Aug 22, 2010
- Security lapse behind US army private's secret cable transfer to WikiLeaks - Jan 31, 2011
- US sleuths bribed suspect to limit WikiLeaks expose - Aug 01, 2010
- US Army declares Wikileaks suspect Manning mentally fit to stand trial - Apr 30, 2011
- Manning's mother calls on Hague to check on his deteriorating condition - Apr 14, 2011
- Russia urges US to respect rights of WikiLeaks suspect - Mar 09, 2012
- WikiLeaks leaker faces life sentence - Mar 03, 2011
- Bradley Manning arraigned - Feb 24, 2012
- Wikileaks investigators fail to link Assange to prime suspect Bradley Manning - Jan 26, 2011
- WikiLeaks spurned NYT, but Guardian leaked State Department cables to it - Nov 30, 2010
- US warns Britain, India over new WikiLeaks revelations (Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
- Pentagon scurrying to save its sources from Taliban beheadings following Wikileaks expose - Aug 01, 2010
- Hacker Claims WikiLeaks Suspect Was Assisted By MIT Student - Aug 02, 2010
- WikiLeaks suspect 'designed Facebook' as a schoolboy, say pals - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: accusations, activists, army personnel, defense attorney, demonstrations, global campaign, guarded secrets, heinous crime, imprisonment, intelligence analyst, leaks, military lawyers, oklahoma city, pentagon, public opinion, quantico, secret information, war hero, war in iraq, war machinery