Who is Dr Conrad Murray?June 27th, 2009 - 3:28 am ICT by John Le Fevre
Dr. Conrad Murray is the man the Los Angeles Police Department homicide team investigating the death of 80s pop icon Michael Jackson want to talk to about the time leading up to the dead stars cardiac arrest.
Dr. Murray, is a cardiologist licensed to practice medicine in Texas and was living with Jackson at his rented Beverly Hills mansion as his personal physician.
Police sources are reported to have said the doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.
Jackson family members have said the dead entertainer received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine – Demerol –and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30am from Dr. Murray.
The Houston cardiologist is reported to have performed CPR until paramedics arrived, and continued doing so at UCLA Medical Centre.
According to the vitals.com website, which allows patients to grade doctors, Dr. Murray completed medical school in 1989 at Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine in Nashville, Tn., and then an Internal Medicine residency at the same school in 1992.
He completed a Fellowship in cardiology in 1995 at the same school, as well as another a year later in Interventional Cardiology.
Dr Murray is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Tidwell in Houston, TX, Saint Rose Dominican Hospital in Henderson, NV, and St.Rose - Rose de Lima & Siena Campus.
His profile on the site lists him as an internal medicine specialist, specializing in Cardiology, and Cardiovascular Disease, while another site he is listed as working for Global Cardiovascular Associates in Las Vegas, NV.
Prior to his name being linked to the death of Jackson, Dr. Murray was described by patients on the vitals.com website as the “best cardiologist” and “one of the most caring doctors I have ever met”.
However, since his name has become public, the comment section has been flooded with messages of abuse from Jackson fans labeling the doctor a murder and questioning why has not talked to police yet.
Jackson family members are claiming the dosage the King of Pop received from Dr. Murray yesterday was “too much” and it’s what caused the entertainers death.
LAPD has confirmed the BMW with Texas license plates that was towed from Jackson’s rented mansion by police investigators is registered to Murray’s sister, and said to contain “medications pertinent to the investigation.”
Murray’s account of what happened could be critical in establishing what happened to Jackson, who is rumored to have suffered a Demerol overdose.
An autopsy has been performed on the dead entertainer, but the results of toxicology tests will not be known for several weeks.
Dr. Conrad Murray is reported to be preparing to meet with investigators today.
- Jackson's Doctor Robert Conrad Murray Missing - Jun 27, 2009
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- MJ Death Trial: Cardiologist alleges that Conrad Murray hid important information - Oct 04, 2011
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- Michael Jackson's autopsy finds nothing whacky - Jun 27, 2009
- Conrad Murray Trial: Photos of dead Michael Jackson shown to court - Oct 12, 2011
- Michael Jackson's doctor focus of inquiry - hires lawyer - Jun 28, 2009
- MJ administered lethal shot himself, says doc's lawyer - Jan 09, 2011
- 'Michael Jackson's personal doc gave deadly shot' - Jul 28, 2009
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- MJ's mum may hold key to doctor's fate in mystery death case - Nov 11, 2010
- Michael Jackson's doc Conrad Murray returns to work - Feb 12, 2010
- Judge wants to review Michael Jackson medical records - Mar 23, 2011
- Michael Jackson's doctor charged with manslaughter (Lead) - Feb 09, 2010
- Michael Jackson’s Death: Truth Is Yet To Be Unfolded - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,