West African dwarf crocodiles seized in LondonJune 10th, 2011 - 10:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, June 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Authorities entered a house in London on a mission but they ended seizing four West African dwarf crocodiles at the premises. The animals were being kept in a tank, which the authorities uncovered & got a shock. Authorities described the house that they seized the animals from, as semi detached.
The British authorities have given the indication that they will press charges against the person who was keeping the reptiles because the animals were being kept without a permit. The animals have since been moved to a facility at the Heathrow Airport where they have been placed under quarantine.
The authorities said one of the creatures died shortly after they were seized because it was ill. According to the officials, the animal was the biggest of the four and it reached more than four feet. The surviving ones were later transported to a new location at the Birdworld sanctuary in Surrey, England.
British laws demand that everyone who wants to keep wild and exotic animals should get a permit before they can do so. Those who infringe on the issue fall foul of the law and they are liable to be prosecuted under the laws of the land.
The name of the owner of the crocodiles was not revealed in the report.
- Crocodiles in bedroom shock police team - Jun 08, 2011
- 3,600 crocodiles rescued in China - Jul 07, 2012
- Crocodile 'given bikini wax and pedicure' - Nov 21, 2011
- 27-foot crocs roamed east Africa - May 07, 2012
- Chinese man raises 6,000 crocodiles - Jul 10, 2012
- Huge pet crocodile seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- Vietnam forest wardens rescue 3,500 crocodiles - Jun 10, 2010
- 100mn-year-old cat-like croc fossil found in East Africa - Aug 05, 2010
- Meet the man who keeps 24 crocs, alligators in his back garden! - Feb 01, 2010
- 'Big cats roaming British countryside' - Dec 29, 2011
- Dinosaur-like sea reptile suffered from arthritis too - May 16, 2012
- Sri Lanka to catch man-eating crocodiles - Apr 13, 2012
- Alligator found in a Brampton home backyard - May 24, 2012
- Man with 250 rare animals caught in Argentina - Dec 27, 2011
- British family shares home with 80 animals - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: african dwarf crocodiles, british authorities, creatures, crocodiles, dwarf, exotic animals, four feet, heathrow airport, london london, new location, news authorities, premises, reptiles, sanctuary, shock, surrey england, tank