Wendy’s To Sell New “Natural” Fries With Potato Skins and Sea SaltNovember 11th, 2010 - 2:26 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Nov 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As Fast food restaurants continue to be criticized for their unhealthy meals, Wendy’s has decided to unveil their new “Natural Fries” in certain stores throughout the states of Louisiana, Florida, and North Carolina.
California has recently cracked down on McDonald’s for their unhealthy meals, and taken away the children’s Happy Meal toys in a move not seen since Mayor Burgermeister Meisterburger took the Christmas toys from kids in the traditional Christmas movie, ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town’.
But Wendy’s is frying up a new french fry. Consisting of potato strips with the Russet Potato skin still on the, and sprinkled with Sea Salt, these fries are being called more natural, although they are still fried in grease, of course.
Food Blogger Rick Allen writes about one Wendy’s restaurant that seems to be very excited about the new fries. “At least one local Wendy’s manager is thrilled with the new fries, too. Larry Romanik, who runs the Wendy’s at 3001 E. Silver Springs Blvd., says in the three weeks they’ve been available, “They’ve been getting overwhelmingly rave reviews. I think we’ve had only one negative so far.”
- San Francisco Approves Happy Meal Fast Food Toy Ban - Nov 06, 2010
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- McDonald's fined in Brazil for including toys in kids' meals - Dec 07, 2011
- Mcdonald's Faces Lawsuit For Luring Children With Happy Meal Toys - Jun 23, 2010
- California County Officials To Ban Happy Meal Toys - May 01, 2010
- McDonald's angers health experts with burger, fries toy set - Mar 02, 2011
- McDonald's, Burger King now 'serving healthier foods' - Jul 15, 2010
- Jessica Simpson's fiance puts her on diet - Feb 16, 2011
- Happy Meal Lawsuit: Is McDonald's 'Toying Around' With Kid's Health? - Jun 24, 2010
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- Potatoes back on menus as healthy meal - Apr 26, 2011
- Happy Meal Toys To Face Ban - May 01, 2010
- 6 months later, McDonald's happy meal 'turns into plastic' - Oct 12, 2010
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom Vetoes McDonald's Happy Meals Ban - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: burgermeister meisterburger, carolina california, christmas movie, christmas toys, course food, fast food restaurants, french fry, fries, grease, happy meal toys, potato skin, potato skins, potato strips, romanik, russet potato, santa claus is coming to town, sea salt, silver springs, traditional christmas, wendy