Wenatchee Police Arrests Bad Luck BanditJuly 20th, 2010 - 7:24 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Few will disagree to a statement that it is sheer bad luck on the part of a person who wants to escape from a place but gets stuck due to gas shortage in his vehicle. The Wenatchee police recently dubbed a 47-year-old man as “bad luck bandit” as the man who had allegedly stolen some Native American collectibles from a local store was caught by them after he ran out of gas just 50 feet from where he had parked his car. The incident took place on Wednesday at around 3:45 p.m. at the 800 block of South Wenatchee Avenue.
The police had arrested the man for investigation of a first-degree theft from a store that reportedly complained of missing items after the person left the store. The store owner alerted the police immediately and the Wenatchee police found the car of the man stalled at the place just 50 feet from its original parking spot. They were able to get hold of the thief as he left his stalled car and tried to escape on foot.
Sergeant John Kruse has mentioned to media sources that the police have found several stolen necklaces from the Antique Mall in possession of the arrested “bad luck bandit”. He is also suspected of stealing Indian collectibles from a local Discount store, along with a Native American ceremonial garment that bears a price tag of $10,500 reportedly. The police have said that it is not sure from where the person had stolen or collected the garment. They suspect that it is not the first stealing escapade of the ‘bad luck bandit’.
- 'Bad Luck Bandit' arrested after his car runs out of gas - Jul 20, 2010
- 'Bad Luck Bandit' Arrested For Allegedly Perpetrating A Burglary - Jul 20, 2010
- Warrant issued for 'Barefoot Bandit' - Jun 30, 2010
- Barefoot bandit finally arrested - Jul 11, 2010
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- British soldier stole guitar during riots - Aug 13, 2011
- One killed in Pakistan violence over electricity - Jun 19, 2012
- Post office boss Amritpal Mehat pretended to be dumb to escape punishment for theft - Jul 12, 2012
- 12-pack beer theft ends in fatal crash - Apr 06, 2011
- Naked car thief caught by police dog - Dec 13, 2011
- Car thieves spare Brazil soccer icon - Aug 17, 2011
- Thomas Kelley escapes from San Diego prison by stealing a fire engine - Jan 03, 2012
- Belgian car thieves, victims meet on Spanish beach - Sep 30, 2011
- Thieves steal $2000 of gas in a Pasadena service station - May 12, 2011
Tags: antique mall, bad luck, bandit, dey, escapade, first degree, garment, gas shortage, indian collectibles, john kruse, local store, madhuri, media sources, native american collectibles, police arrests, price tag, sergeant, south wenatchee, store owner, thief