Welsh and Scott team snub the national anthemJuly 27th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There was a lot of fury on Thursday night when members of the Welsh and the Scotts teams refused to sing the national anthem at the Olympics.
Kim Little, who is a footballer said that she decided not to sing the national anthem because of the fact that she is Scottish. She and a fellow Scottish player known as Ifeoma did not sing during the opening of the match of Great Britain’s women’s team on Wednesday.
They were going to play against New Zealand. Ryan Giggs, a Welsh football player also refused to sing the national anthem too before the match for the British Men’s football team. Craig Bellamy, his team mate also did not sing the national anthem. This was met with a lot of hostility from the fans of the British teams and the players who refused to sing are facing a lot of hurtful remarks that are coming from their fans. This scenario is a very bad start for the two British Teams.
The British Olympic Association is furious with Kim Little for refusing to sing the national anthem. This association states that every sports person playing for a British team should learn the national anthem and the fact that these players did not sing the anthem during the start of their games shows that they are not respectful.
- Beckham backs Giggs as Britain Olympic team's skipper - Jul 13, 2012
- Beckham left out of Britain's Olympic squad - Jun 28, 2012
- Russian team criticised for not singing anthem at Euro 2012 - Jun 16, 2012
- Cricket uniting blacks, whites in Zimbabwe - Jun 26, 2012
- Serbia bans player for refusing to sing anthem - May 29, 2012
- Stella McCartney designs Britain's Olympic team kit - May 17, 2012
- Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy brutally attacked outside nightclub - Feb 14, 2010
- Rogge lauds athletes, says Olympics happy and glorious (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Move for a Great Britain soccer team at 2012 - May 31, 2009
- Liverpool, City secure Carling Cup semifinal berths - Nov 30, 2011
- Brazil outclass Britain in Olympic warm-up - Jul 21, 2012
- Matthew Bellamy & Kate Hudon all set to become parents - Jan 13, 2011
- IOC to investigate coaches' role in badminton scandal - Aug 02, 2012
- Vomiting bug hits Brit players in Doha training camp ahead of Delhi CWG - Oct 01, 2010
- Twitter can be dangerous for your Olympics wellbeing! (Olympics Diary) - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: association states, british men, british olympic association, craig, football player, football team, footballer, great britain, hostility, london, match, national anthem, new zealand, olympics, ryan giggs, scotts, sports person, team mate, thursday night, welsh football