Wedding bells in the pipeline for five of the rescued Chilean minersOctober 21st, 2010 - 1:48 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Santiago, Oct 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The 33 miners that were recently rescued from a collapsed mine in Chile have become instant celebrities. Now every detail of their lives is being followed with passion worldwide.
The good news coming out of Chile indicates that 5 of the miners are going to have church weddings. Some of the miners however are doing this thing all over again.
On Tuesday, the 5 miners surprised their wives and girlfriends at a party in the Northern Chilean city of Caldera when they went on one of their knees to propose the idea to them.
The occasion was the first time that the miners were meeting after their discharge from the hospital and their second get together since their dramatic rescue from the pit that threatened to be their mass grave.
One of the miners, Esteban Rojas promised to have a church wedding with his wife whom he has lived with for 25 years. At the ceremony, he used the occasion to propose to the wife and the wife joked that she still has the letter Rojas sent from the grave with the promise.
It is said that what doesn’t kill you make you strong but in this case, what failed to kill them made them instant heroes.
- Five of Chile's Rescued Miners Have Wedding Bells in Their Future - Oct 21, 2010
- Trapped Chilean miners tell wives, girlfriends to shop for sexy lingerie - Oct 09, 2010
- Chilean miners' families to sue government - Oct 01, 2010
- Trapped Chilean miner pops the question to sweetheart - Aug 30, 2010
- Mistresses, wives of trapped miners clash over cash - Sep 03, 2010
- Trapped Chile miners speak to family members for first time on telephone - Aug 31, 2010
- Trapped miners mark Chile bicentenary celebrations - Sep 19, 2010
- Chile 'Miracle 33' miners to start souvenir brand - Jul 30, 2012
- Chilean miners contemplated cannibalism - Feb 11, 2011
- Trapped Chilean miners celebrate bicentennial - Sep 19, 2010
- Chile miners' families demand 12 million dollars compensation - Oct 01, 2010
- Trapped Chilean miners discussed cannibalism - Oct 11, 2011
- NASA experts arrive in Chile to help in miners' rescue - Sep 01, 2010
- Chile firm to sell mine from which 33 men rescued to avoid bankruptcy - Nov 26, 2010
- Chile Miners Play Against Rescuers In Friendly Football Match - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: caldera, celebrities, chile, chilean city, church wedding, church weddings, collapsed mine, dramatic rescue, heroes, knees, miners, passion, pipeline, santiago, wedding bells, wives and girlfriends