Wave Tech Community College put on lockdown due to a gunman on the prowlJanuary 24th, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Raleigh, Jan 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Wake Technical Community College officials have put the college on a lockdown after they received reports that there was a gunman on the prowl on the campus. According to the latest reports there were no casualties till now.
According to Wake County Sheriff’s Public Information Officer Phyllis Stephens the sprawling campus was put on the lockdown after the college authorities received a phone call about the gunman. This phone call was made to the college office around nine in the morning. In keeping with the safety measures, the students were asked to vacate the premises of the college at around 10 am.
School spokeswoman Laurie Clowers revealed that the school officials are working in tandem with the police officials to gauge the seriousness of the situation. The website of the college was also updated and it revealed that the lockdown was finally lifted shortly after 10 am and the college authorities are also planning to resume the classes which are scheduled after 1 pm.
“The campus is suppose to be a safe haven for intellectual growth … this is a real assault on our community,” according to an anthropology teacher who teaches students at the Wake Tech Community College.
- Oklahoma City Community College is under a lockdown - Feb 27, 2010
- Gunman spotted on Texas A&M campus - Oct 29, 2010
- Shots Fired At University of Texas, One Dead, Police Search for Second Gunman - Sep 28, 2010
- One injured in Northern Illinois University shooting (Update) - Feb 19, 2010
- Texas college campus on lockdown after gunfire, at least 1 dead - Aug 17, 2010
- Kentucky Shooting: Stanley Neace goes on killing spree - Sep 12, 2010
- Texas college campus on lockdown after gunfire near McKinney police station - Aug 17, 2010
- McKinney, TX Campus of Collin College on Lockdown: Active Shooter Incident, Possible DOA - Aug 17, 2010
- Bomb scare prompts US university evacuation - Sep 18, 2012
- Brookhaven College Student Found After Alleged Suicide Attempt - Oct 05, 2010
- Man kills three in shooting rampage in US - Dec 17, 2011
- 17 Florida Schools on Lockdown After 'Credible Threat' - Nov 11, 2010
- Students evacuated after bomb threat in California school - Sep 08, 2011
- Occupiers finally arrive at Harvard too! - Nov 12, 2011
- Sikkimese killed in US massacre was nursing student - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: anthropology, casualties, college authorities, community college officials, county sheriff, gunman, intellectual growth, jan 24, laurie clowers, phone call, police officials, premises, public information officer, safe haven, school officials, seriousness, spokeswoman, wake tech community college, wake technical community, wake technical community college