Waterloo, IA felon sentenced for possession of a firearmMarch 4th, 2010 - 6:50 am ICT by BNO News
CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA (BNO NEWS) – A Waterloo, Iowa man was sentenced on Wednesday to seven years in federal prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm, prosecutors said.
Gabriel Magnum, 33, was arrested in 2008 in a large check forgery operation. An undercover deputy sheriff identified Magnum as the provider of counterfeit checks to others to cash locally. The undercover sheriff wanted to cash bogus checks to Magnum. After meeting the felon, he arrested him after finding a loaded handgun in his coat pocket.
Magnum was convicted in 1995 for robbery in first degree in Black Hawk County, Iowa and was imprisoned for over a year.
Besides his prison time, Magnum will also serve three years of supervised release.
- Iowa man charged with being a felon in possesion of a firearm - Feb 05, 2010
- Two West Virginia felons sentenced on firearms charges - Mar 12, 2010
- Cedar Rapids, IA, brothers sentenced for cocaine distribution and money laundering - Feb 10, 2010
- Two Bronx men charged for selling firearms to undercover detectives - Feb 18, 2010
- Washington man sentenced for possessing a stolen firearm - Mar 06, 2010
- Providence, RI man sentenced for possessing firearm stolen from police officer's home - May 11, 2010
- Robbery Attempt Foiled by Clerk With Samurai Sword - Jan 21, 2011
- Rensselaer, NY man pleads guilty to bank robbery - Feb 13, 2010
- Cairo, Illinois felon pleads guilty to unlawful possession of a gun - Jan 13, 2010
- Seattle resident sentenced to prison for illegal firearm possession - Jan 22, 2010
- Bristol, CT pawn shop employee sentenced for illegal firearms sales - Mar 12, 2010
- Stamford, CT man charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition - Mar 04, 2010
- Mexican citizen sentenced to prison in Sioux City, IO for selling meth - Feb 09, 2010
- Blue Grass, IA man sentenced for federal bank robbery - Feb 20, 2010
- Fort Dodge, Iowa man sentenced on meth and gun possession charges - Feb 20, 2010
Tags: black hawk county, black hawk county iowa, bno, cedar rapids iowa, check forgery, counterfeit checks, deputy sheriff, federal prison, felon, first degree, handgun, hawk, magnum, prison time, prosecutors, robbery, seven years, supervised release, waterloo ia, waterloo iowa