Waterbury, CT man arrested for robbing a Brewster, NY bankMay 13th, 2010 - 11:28 pm ICT by BNO News
MANHATTAN, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) – A Waterbury, Connecticut man was arrested on Wednesday on charges of robbing the Putnam County Savings Bank in Brewster, New York last year, prosecutors announced on Thursday.
Dennis Wilson allegedly entered the Putnam County Savings Bank with a black handgun and wearing a black and grey striped hooded sweatshirt on September 9, 2009. He stole approximately $26,000.
Investigators recovered the BB gun that was used during the robbery as well as a clothing tag. Law agents tracked down the origin of the tag by searching for the barcode in store’s databases. They discovered that the tag was from a sweatshirt purchased two days before at a Wal-Mart in Waterbury, Connecticut. The buyer paid with a debit card, which was revealed to be Wilson’s.
Police officers visited Wilson’s residence and seized the sweatshirt which matched with the clothing tag found. They also noticed that he possessed electronic equipment which was recently purchased including a flat screen television and a personal computer.
If convicted, Wilson faces a maximum penalty of 25 years in federal prison.
- Privacy Concerns Generated As Wal-Mart Resolves To Position Smart Tags On Males' Attires - Jul 25, 2010
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Arrest made in the Wal-mart's 'All Black People Leave' case - Mar 20, 2010
- Wal-Mart looking into the reasons why their Black Friday 2010 ads was leaked - Nov 15, 2010
- Man shoots woman, kills self at Wal-Mart centre - Feb 23, 2012
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- Countless Mesmerizing 'Black Friday 2010' Offers Already Enunciated - Nov 19, 2010
- At least 2 dead and 2 deputies wounded in Wal-Mart shootout in Washington state - Jan 24, 2011
- Wal-Mart Dumping Case Reaches A Monetary Settlement - May 08, 2010
- Wal-Mart expects huge Black Friday Sales in 2009 - Nov 19, 2009
- Wal Mart Unveils Killer Black Friday 2009 Deals - Nov 19, 2009
- Wal-Mart Intends To Terminate Extra Pay For Its Employees Functioning On Sunday - Dec 09, 2010
- Walmart's New Smart Tags Raise Privacy Concerns - Jul 25, 2010
- Wal-Mart's Extra Pay Policy For Sunday Coming To An End - Dec 09, 2010
- People boycott Wal-mart after their announcement that all black people leave the store - Mar 18, 2010
Tags: bb gun, bno, brewster new york, brewster ny, connecticut man, debit card, dennis wilson, electronic equipment, federal prison, flat screen television, handgun, hooded sweatshirt, manhattan new york, maximum penalty, putnam county, robbery, september 9, wal mart, waterbury connecticut, waterbury ct