‘Waste Land’ app releasedJune 8th, 2011 - 10:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Waste Land has gone digital with the introduction of an app for the poem. The poem by T.S. Eliot is considered one of the most revolutionary in the world’s history.
The app which is a collaboration between Faber Digital and Touch Press has in the mean time been released for iPad only. The app is available for purchase at the App Store. There are several features in the interactive piece.
The app has an overview tool that makes it possible for users to see the complete structure of the poem. That way, the user can navigate to any part of the poem. The text comes with complete audio recordings done by Eliot, Ted Hughes, Alec Guinness and Viggo Mortensen. There are video interactions in the app as well.
The references of the poem also have comprehensive interactive notes making it possible to easily reference any point. Along with these, there are several other features as well.
CEO of Faber Henry Volans told reporters that, “We are delighted to partner with Touch Press for this marriage of literature and the revolutionary iPad. The Waste Land App is a flagship project in Faber’s mission to re-imagine poetry for the digital age.”
The app is being offered for sale at a cost of $13.99.
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- News Corp unveils first iPad daily news - Feb 03, 2011
- iPad Available in US on April 3 - Mar 05, 2010
- Playboy's uncensored pictures will soon be available on iPad - Jan 20, 2011
- Ugly Meter: New iPhone Application Makes Waves - Oct 20, 2010
- Apple sells one million iPads - May 03, 2010
- Apple introduces new version of computer operating system - Jun 12, 2012
- Pattinson, Mortensen would be great together: Cronenberg - Jun 15, 2012
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- `iPad is it!' New device wows many, bores some - Jan 28, 2010
- Apple's new app: iBook, iPad goes one up on Amazon's Kindle - Jan 28, 2010
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Playboy censors iPad application - Aug 13, 2010
- Free mobile app for skin cancer screening - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: alec guinness, audio recordings, ceo, collaboration, faber, flagship project, interactive piece, ipad, literature, marriage, mean time, poem, poetry, t s eliot, ted hughes, viggo mortensen, volans