WalMart Left Stunned At Request For Black People To LeaveMarch 18th, 2010 - 7:49 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Washington Township, Mar 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A shocking announcement made over the loudspeakers in WalMart left the customers angry and the employees shocked and embarrassed. The incident occurred on Sunday, while the departmental store was filled up with the customers in the evening rush. An announcement was heard over the din of the shoppers, calmly asking “all black people” to leave the premises of the store immediately. The announcement was made by a male voice, but it has not yet been determined as to who had actually made it. Investigations are being conducted into the matter, but the wrath of the customers have not yet been appeased.
The announcement came all of a sudden, leaving the employees and the customers stunned. Recovering from the initial shock, one of the store managers soon took hold of the public address system and expressed his apologies for the unprecedented remark, according to one of the customers present in the store at that time. However, the situation did not improve with hordes of angry complaints being placed with the store manager by customers, stressing on the inappropriateness of the remark. Some of the customers have even been reported to vow not to shop at the store again till the issue has been properly addressed.
The authorities at WalMart have confessed that there is still no clue as to who could have made the highly offensive remark. The security personnel are viewing the surveillance tapes to see who might have made use of the public address system. The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office and the Washington Township Police are also looking into the matter, which is being regarded as a bias crime.
- Arrest made in the Wal-mart's 'All Black People Leave' case - Mar 20, 2010
- People boycott Wal-mart after their announcement that all black people leave the store - Mar 18, 2010
- Wal-Mart expresses regret over 'black people must leave' announcement - Mar 18, 2010
- Privacy Concerns Generated As Wal-Mart Resolves To Position Smart Tags On Males' Attires - Jul 25, 2010
- Wal-Mart's Extra Pay Policy For Sunday Coming To An End - Dec 09, 2010
- Mexico probes Wal-Mart bribery allegations - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Black People Leave' Announcement Makes Wal-Mart Limit Its Public Address System - Mar 20, 2010
- Wal-Mart Q3 profit below estimates - Nov 16, 2011
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court rules out discrimination class-action suit against Wal-Mart - Jun 21, 2011
- Wal-Mart Dumping Case Reaches A Monetary Settlement - May 08, 2010
- Wal Mart Unveils Killer Black Friday 2009 Deals - Nov 19, 2009
- Michelle Obama, Wal-Mart team up for healthy food campaign - Jan 21, 2011
- Wal-Mart Intends To Terminate Extra Pay For Its Employees Functioning On Sunday - Dec 09, 2010
- Wal-Mart all set to withdraw its extra pay scheme for Sundays - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: angry complaints, apologies, bias crime, county prosecutor, departmental store, dey, gloucester county, hordes, initial shock, loudspeakers, male voice, public address system, security personnel, shocking announcement, store managers, surveillance tapes, township police, vow, walmart, wrath