Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales SeasonNovember 28th, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The holiday festive season has started in full swing and the shoppers are getting spoilt for choice as the top retailers are luring them with lucrative deals on home appliances and gadgets. Ever since Thanksgiving Day, the shoppers in USA are hitting the retail outlets like Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart like crazy and taking home the desired products at throwaway prices. Wal-Mart in particular is offering the best deals by extending its Cyber Monday sales throughout the week and they are calling it as Cyber saving week. While the shoppers are delighted there are some other people who are trying to utilize this shopping extravaganza in unfair ways. The shoplifters are aware of the maddening rush for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and they are trying to use it to their benefit. In a recent development, a couple of miscreants from Bridgeton have been taken into police custody and have been slapped with charges of shoplifting.
The duo reportedly sneaked in a Wal-Mart store and took away two Flat screen televisions. They escaped through the back door of the outlet, as the cops said later. Of course they did not pay the bills for the TVs. The men have been identified as William Norman and Thomas Cupe and both men are in their 40’s, police authorities have revealed. The incident took place at South Broadway’s Wal-Mart store on November 19th.
The security of the Wal-Mart store saw them trying to escape through back door with two TV sets worth $966. The cops also said that the two miscreants are known to have committed similar acts at other Wal-Mart outlets in the past.
- Black Friday 2011 Walmart early openings - Nov 23, 2011
- Black Friday Deals Make Gadget Lovers Smiling! - Nov 06, 2010
- Black Friday 2010: NRF Counsels The Need For Retailers' Readiness To Tackle Troublesome Situations - Nov 20, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- Walmart Offers Some Black Friday Goodies On Thanksgiving Itself - Nov 25, 2010
- Cyber Monday Unveils Bonanza For Gaming Addicts - Nov 30, 2010
- Two weeks to Black Friday 2010 - Nov 18, 2010
- Privacy Concerns Generated As Wal-Mart Resolves To Position Smart Tags On Males' Attires - Jul 25, 2010
- Wal-Mart Intends To Terminate Extra Pay For Its Employees Functioning On Sunday - Dec 09, 2010
- Wal-Mart all set to withdraw its extra pay scheme for Sundays - Dec 09, 2010
- Walmart Cyber Monday Deals Allure Shoppers All Over - Nov 27, 2010
- Kmart Black Friday Deals Sound Tempting - Nov 16, 2010
- Wal-Mart's Extra Pay Policy For Sunday Coming To An End - Dec 09, 2010
- Countless Mesmerizing 'Black Friday 2010' Offers Already Enunciated - Nov 19, 2010
- Black Friday deal hunters in US turn violent - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: best buy, black friday, cupe, cyber monday sales, desired products, festive season, flat screen televisions, full swing, home appliances, lucrative deals, maddening rush, miscreants, police authorities, ranjan, shoplifters, south broadway, target, thanksgiving day, throwaway prices, wal mart