Volkswagen Beetle Car Crash Leaves All Five DeadFebruary 7th, 2011 - 8:59 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Feb 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) An accident in West Texas yesterday killed five people after a Volkswagen Beetle car slammed against a dump truck in the afternoon. Of the five victims in the unfortunate death incident, three are children. The children were traveling in the Volkswagen Beetle with their grandmother when their car collided severely against the giant vehicle leading into such a disastrous accident that left no one alive of the two parties.
According to sources, authorities have reported that the accident took place on Farm Road 1788, which is about five miles north of Midland. The Texas Department of Public Safety, in statement issued said that all the five deceased have been identified, listing them as resident Deborah Beck who was driving the Volkswagen Beetle car with her three grandchildren Tiffany Klein, 8, Jeremyah Rodriguez, 3 and Sebastian Savage, 2. All the four have been identified as residents of Andrews. On the other hand the driver of the dump truck too did not escape from the clutches of the accident. He has been identified as 56 year old Edwin Timmer. Investigators divulged that after the accident Edwin Timmer was talking to his wife over the phone, but unfortunately could not get out of the burning vehicle which had started towing a trailer.
The impact of the clash was so fiery and forceful that leave alone the kids, adults too failed to evade the accident. DPS Trooper John Barton in an interview to the media divulged that it has been found that all the five people were wearing their seat belts. The deaths in the accident are believed to have occurred instantaneously.
- Volkswagen launches Touareg, Beetle variants - Jan 05, 2012
- Hitler stole Beetle idea from Jewish engineer: Book - Jan 16, 2012
- Winfrey gives audience members free 2012 Volkswagen Beetles - Nov 23, 2010
- Katie Price to release an affordable pink car - Aug 09, 2011
- The Worst rated trucks for 2010 - Dec 20, 2010
- Five killed in Assam road accidents - May 17, 2012
- Polo prices up by 2.9 percent from Jan 1 - Dec 15, 2010
- Three killed in five-vehicle collision in Delhi - Aug 06, 2011
- Women like stylish cars, while men prefer brawny vehicles: US study - Jun 27, 2010
- Five Indian techies die in car accident in US - Aug 11, 2012
- Volkswagen Recalls 16,000 Routan Minivans - Jun 13, 2010
- 12 killed in two accidents in Maharashtra - May 24, 2011
- Five Indian techies from Hyderabad die in US car crash (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Man with explosives held at US airport - Jan 01, 2012
- Vehicle sales up nearly 4 percent in Brazil - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: beetle car, car crash, clash, clutches, deborah beck, department of public safety, dey, dump truck, grandchildren, grandmother, investigators, john barton, madhuri, midland, seat belts, texas department of public safety, timmer, unfortunate death, volkswagen, volkswagen beetle