Video of Israeli soldiers dancing on the streets of Hebron goes viralJuly 8th, 2010 - 3:09 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hebron, July 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is a video of the dancing Israeli soldiers that has gone viral on the Internet. The soldiers are dancing in a choreographed fashion to the tune of Kesha’s ‘Tik Tok’ on the streets of Hebron.
However their upper management is not so amused at the video, which was posted on YouTube. The lyrics of the song have also compounded the problem, as they are “Tonight I’m gonna fight, Till we see the sunlight, Tick tock on the clock but the party don’t stop, no.”
The soldiers are in trouble because the particular choice of song, the heavily armed soldiers and the place all make it seem as though the Israel military is not a serious place, but rather a partying place.
Even the location of the choreographed song is said to be inappropriate, as it is the very street where the apartheid between Israelis and Palestinians reigns supreme. Hebron is a small city in which there are around 160,000 Palestinians and 600 hardcore Israeli soldiers. And at the start of the video, the Muslim call for prayer can also be clearly heard in the background.
“This was a joke by the soldiers and the matter is currently being investigated by the battalion commanders,” according to a statement by the Israeli military.
- Ke$ha says no to 'Nazi' dancewear - Nov 17, 2010
- Kesha posts nude snap on Twitter - Sep 08, 2012
- Kesha shows off lip tattoo - Jun 28, 2012
- Miley Cyrus's sis Noah, 9, sings about 'beer', boys trying to touch her 'junk' - Jan 17, 2010
- Kesha turns watch designer - Sep 18, 2011
- Miley Cyrus' sister, 9, to launch kids clothing line! - Jan 30, 2010
- Israeli army demolishes West Bank mosque - Oct 11, 2011
- Kesha blasts music critic - Oct 16, 2010
- Israeli troops kill man mistaken for Hamas leader - Jan 07, 2011
- Israeli soldier filmed humiliating female Palestinian detainee on video - Oct 06, 2010
- Soldiers open fire at Arab-Israeli man in West Bank checkpoint - Jan 21, 2011
- Kesha intimidates men - Jun 14, 2011
- Four Israelis killed in West Bank attack (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- Ke$ha asks female fan to give pal Simon Rex a lap dance at MSG party - Apr 16, 2011
- Israel raids Palestinian TV stations in Ramallah - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,