Vending machines sell live crabs in Chinese supermarketOctober 29th, 2010 - 10:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Beijing, Oct 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) If you are looking for some live crabs for any reason, then you don’t have to look that far. As new vending machines are being used to sell live crabs in China.
The crabs are refrigerated but they spring back to life as soon as the purchase is over. That is really interesting. The hairy crabs, which are locally called “Dazha”, are being offered for commuters in the Chinese city of Nanjing. The crabs are being offered at a cost between $2.25 and $7.5 depending on the crab. They come in three different sizes.
If you think those crabs are not live, the operators of the vending machine might convince you otherwise. They are so sure of the state of the crabs that they are offering three live crabs to replace any dead crab that the vending machine dispenses to you. That was what a local newspaper claimed.
If you are wondering how the frozen crabs can live again well it might boil down to the ingenious of the creators of the concept. The crabs are actually not frozen to death but just put to sleep. As soon as they are purchased, they spring back to live and you have your live crab.
- Vending Machines Sell Live Crabs in China Subways - Oct 29, 2010
- Train station vending machine in China offers live crabs! - Nov 04, 2010
- Vending machines in Moscow dish out caviar! - May 25, 2010
- IOB mulls new core banking solution on Oracle platform - May 05, 2012
- Britain may see 24-hour medicine vending machines - Jun 22, 2010
- Chinese map shows theft-prone spots - Nov 25, 2011
- 9,000 free condom vending machines set up in Shanghai (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Coffee from Kerala, soon to 'Kic OFF' across India - May 05, 2012
- Wine vending machines on trial run in many Pennsylvania stores - Aug 08, 2010
- London gets a gold vending machine - Jul 02, 2011
- Vended snacks 'lead to chronic health problems in kids' - Sep 03, 2010
- Alert crabs outwit predatory birds - Apr 19, 2011
- Now, vending machine that suggests drinks based on your age, gender! - Nov 16, 2010
- Coin shortage makes everyday life difficult in West Bengal - Aug 19, 2012
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012