Velociraptor caught in the act of eating another dinosaurApril 20th, 2010 - 9:04 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 20, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Paleontologists have unearthed the fossils of a predatory Velociraptor caught in the action of wolfing another bulky herbivorous dinosaur. They have discerned the fossilized portions of the Velociraptor teeth alongside the disfigured bones of the enormous horned herbivore Protoceratops. Spots around the herbivore’s jaws hint that the raptor did not slaughter the herbivore. The raptor was instead foraging on its carcass.
The fossils were first disclosed from a red sandstone mound in Inner Mongolia in China in 2008. These fossils consisted of a compilation of deeply battered Protoceratops bones with two little, rounded, and saw-toothed teeth that belonged either to a Velociraptor or a close relative.
The area of Inner Mongolia in China was, almost certainly, a scrubby desert, when it was populated by these massive creatures approximately 65 million to 70 million years ago. There was not much shrubbery then though there were bodies of water, with existence quite verdant closer to the rivers.
These latest conclusions endorse a famous unearthing made more than 30 years ago in Mongolia. Seemingly, the unearthing was of a Velociraptor and Protoceratops locked in deadly combat. The combating dinosaurs had hinted that the Velociraptor could have functioned as a predator. However, this new finding indicates that it could have functioned as a scavenger like many living carnivores.
- Fossils Indicate Velociraptor Scavenging On A Dinosaur - Apr 20, 2010
- Dinosaur fossil discovered in China - Apr 15, 2012
- New terrifying dino species discovered in China - Mar 20, 2010
- Researchers Elated By Discovery Of New Predatory Dinosaur In Romania - Aug 31, 2010
- Were the ancestors of T.rex vegetarian? - Dec 21, 2010
- T.rex was 'more hyena than lion' - Feb 23, 2011
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Revealed To Be Cannibals - Oct 18, 2010
- New fossil material reveals Azendohsaurus as an early reptile, not a dinosaur - May 19, 2010
- Dinos' evolving beaks were like 'Swiss Army knives' - Dec 21, 2010
- Fossils of bird-like dinosaurs discovered in Australia - May 18, 2012
- Geologists Discover New Predatory Dinosaur In Romania - Aug 31, 2010
- Two New Dinosaur Species Uncovered In The Arid Zone Of Southern Utah - Sep 23, 2010
- 70-mln-yr-old dino found in Argentina claimed to be new species - Dec 18, 2008
- Dinosaurs survived mass extinction by 700,000 years - Jan 28, 2011
- Some dinosaurs 'did most of their hunting at night' - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: bodies of water, carcass, carnivores, deadly combat, dinosaurs, fossils, herbivorous dinosaur, horned herbivore, inner mongolia, jaws, massive creatures, men at work, million years, paleontologists, pen men, predator, protoceratops, raptor, slaughter, velociraptor