U.S. teacher shot dead by student in IraqMarch 3rd, 2012 - 3:11 am ICT by BNO News
SULAYMANIYAH, Iraq (BNO NEWS) — An American teacher who worked at a Christian school in northern Iraq was shot dead by a teacher on Thursday, according to media reports on Friday. The student then killed himself.
Jeremiah Small, of Cosmopolis, Grays Harbor County, located in the state of Washington, was killed by a student at the English-speaking Medes School, located in Sulaymaniyah, in Iraq’s Kurdistan region, the Seattle Times reported.
The shooter was identified as 18-year-old Biyar Sardar al Talabani who killed Small before shooting himself. The student later succumbed to the gunshot injury at a local hospital.
The motive behind the killing remains unclear, as Iraq’s Kurdish Region, which is located northeast of Baghdad, the country’s capital, has been a relatively peaceful region with little terrorist activity compared to other areas.
- American teacher killed in Iraq school - Mar 01, 2012
- US names Al Qaeda-linked outfit as terrorist entity - Jan 06, 2012
- One killed in Iraq protest - Feb 17, 2011
- Twelve dead in two bomb blasts in northern Iraq - Apr 29, 2011
- 9,000 Syrian refugees reach Iraq - Jul 22, 2012
- At least 7 killed in plane accident in northern Iraq - Feb 05, 2011
- Turkey launches military operations in northern Iraq - Oct 21, 2011
- Hotel fire kills 40 in Iraq - Jul 16, 2010
- Turkish jets bomb targets in northern Iraq - Jun 21, 2010
- Interpol red corner notice against fugitive Iraqi vice president - May 08, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills 13 in Iraq - Mar 24, 2009
- Turkish army holds drills on Syria border - Aug 02, 2012
- Kurds cast votes in Iraq's regional elections - Jul 25, 2009
- American writer detained in Iran - Aug 04, 2009
- Seven die in US college shooting - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,