U.S. Spec Mitsubishi i-MiEV Has Been UnveiledNovember 10th, 2010 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It is true that Nissan has outpaced other car manufacturers in the race for electric cars but Mitsubishi was among the first few companies to declare plans for its electric concept car. It even came up with a prototype of first generation i-MiEV in 2008. The model has undergone a number of changes since then and recently the much awaited car was unveiled by the company. It has been reported that the i-MiEv is finally going to make its US debut in the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show. The Us version has a bigger body to adhere to the safety protocols. Apart from that the U.S.-spec i-MiEV from Mitsubishi has revamped and attractive rear and front bumpers.
The US version of i-MiEV is likely to arrive with a 63 HP engine that draws the power from in built lithium ion batteries. The car can cover a distance of 100 miles on a single recharge. It takes almost seven hours for a full recharge from a household power outlet. There is a fast charge pack available that charges the battery to 80 percent of its strength in a little more than 30 minutes. The model will cost around $30000 excluding the federal tax credit worth $7500. It is now being sold in japan and the US buyers can get it next year.
The US version of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV is 4 inch wider and a foot taller than the Japanese model. It has the latest safety features but gets beaten by both Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf since it excludes a navigation system. At last the images of the car do not show it.
- Detroit Auto Show 2011: Volt Makes GM Proud Again! - Jan 11, 2011
- World's first mass-produced zero-emission minicar to hit Jap market next month - Jun 13, 2009
- Moscow to have electric-car charging stations - Feb 29, 2012
- Electric cars 'are as dirty as diesel cars' - Feb 24, 2011
- Nissan Leaf Rumors Brushed Aside By The Company - Aug 26, 2010
- Chevy Volt: A Winner From GM's Stable! - Jan 15, 2011
- Battery research will give electric cars the same range as petrol ones - Apr 07, 2011
- 2011's Most Fuel-efficient Cars Vie For Buyers Attention - Jan 19, 2011
- Mitsubishi''s groundbreaking electric car does 100 miles at 87mph with 0 emissions - Dec 28, 2008
- Volt goes 1000 miles between refills - May 03, 2011
- Cellphone batteries to recharge in 15 minutes - Nov 18, 2011
- Electric Car From BMW Coming Soon? - Nov 07, 2010
- Electric car sets world record covering 1,000 km on single charge - May 26, 2010
- Fire in crash test of Chevy Volt launches investigation - Nov 28, 2011
- New method may help solve lithium battery safety problems - May 17, 2010
Tags: 30 minutes, car manufacturers, chevrolet, chevrolet volt, concept car, electric cars, federal tax credit, front bumpers, hp engine, japanese model, lithium, lithium ion batteries, los angeles auto show, mitsubishi, navigation system, nissan, prototype, safety features, safety protocols, seven hours