US Postal Service comes out with new postal rates for 2011April 19th, 2011 - 2:28 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, April 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The US Postal Service’s new rates came into effect on the 17th of April. The new rates are different from those that came into effect last January. The rates of Priority Mail and Express Mail which were affected in the January announcement have been affected again in the recent announcement.
The new rates do not affect the first ounce of First Class Letters and First Class Flats. However subsequent ounces are affected by the price change. Also affected is the retail rate of First Class Parcels. The first three ounces is increased from $1.22 to $1.71 while additional ounces will attract the extra charges of 17 cents.
The cost of Postcard has inched up to $0.29 from the previous 0.28. Media Mail rate which was $2.38 will now be $2.41. Parcel Post rate will now start from $5.10 and not the previous $4.90.
Several other services offered by the Postal Service have also been increased. The USPS announced last year that series of losses has put the service on the brink of collapse. Some service increments were announced in January to help raise the income of the service.
- US Postal Service is planning to raise first class rates in 2011 - Jan 14, 2011
- To save money, snail mail in US plans to go slower - Dec 06, 2011
- US Postal Service posts huge loss - May 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 56 points up on interest rate cut hopes (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Australian gold producer cuts 2012 production forecast - Apr 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 64 points on rate cut hopes - Jun 12, 2012
- US Postal Service may cut 35,000 jobs - Sep 16, 2011
- Royal Mail turns down 'rude' Bamforth postcard stamps - Apr 08, 2011
- HDFC Bank net profit rises 34 percent in first quarter - Jul 19, 2011
- Usage of postcards, inland letters dip - Jul 11, 2011
- Sensex closes 81 points higher as August derivatives end (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Minneapolis Woman Charged With Animal Cruelty For Trying To Mail Puppy - Feb 02, 2011
- US Postal Service reports loss on shrinking mail volumes - Nov 16, 2011
- National Postal Policy to be announced in 2012: Sibal - Feb 01, 2012
- Postal department opens counter at Fabindia store - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: brink of collapse, class letters, express mail, increments, losses, mail rate, media mail, new postal rates, ounce, parcel post, parcels, postcard, priority mail, retail rate, us postal service, usps, washington dc