U.S. military helicopter crashes in northern Iraq; 1 U.S. soldier killedApril 18th, 2010 - 8:00 pm ICT by BNO News
BAGHDAD (BNO NEWS) — One American soldier was killed and several others were injured when their helicopter crashed in northern Iraq, the U.S. military said on Sunday.
The crash happened near the northern town of Tikrit on Saturday evening local time. The U.S. Military in Iraq, in a brief statement, said that one soldier was killed and that three others were injured.
“The accident was not attributed to enemy fire and is currently under investigation,” the statement read.
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- American service member killed in northern Iraq - Jan 17, 2011
- Three American troops die in central and northern Iraq - Jan 15, 2011
- NATO helicopter crashes in southern Afghanistan, killing 11 - Aug 17, 2012
- American soldier killed in helicopter crash in Iraq - Sep 20, 2009
- Two service members killed in U.S. Army helicopter crash in northern Iraq - Feb 22, 2010
- Four U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash - Apr 21, 2012
- U.S. soldier dies in attack on U.S. base in northeastern Iraq - Mar 14, 2010
- Two U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq - Apr 24, 2011
- 63 killed in Iraq as violence escalates - Aug 15, 2011
- Two U.S. soldiers die in Iraqi vehicle accident - Mar 09, 2010
- Military: Two U.S. soldiers killed, five injured in northern Iraq - Apr 08, 2010
- U.S. soldier dies in Iraq - Aug 19, 2009
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012