U.S. Department of State and Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Host Fourth Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership ProgramApril 28th, 2009 - 2:34 am ICT by admin
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs has joined Fortune’s Most Powerful Women and Vital Voices Global Partnership to launch the fourth Fortune/U.S. State Department Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership, April 27-May 22. Thirty-two emerging women leaders from Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Lebanon, Macedonia, Namibia, Nigeria, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda and Vietnam will be mentored by participants of the Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit. These women join a program that now includes 116 remarkable achievers from around the world.
This year’s mentors include Ann S. Moore, Chairman and CEO, Time Inc.; Andrea Jung, Chairman and CEO of Avon Products; Molly Ashby, CEO of Solera Capital; Kathleen Vaughan, Executive Vice President, Wholesale Lending at Wells Fargo; Linda L. Addison, Partner-in-Charge, New York at Fulbright & Jaworski LLP; Kathleen Murphy, President, Personal Investing, at Fidelity; Meredith Whitney of Meredith Whitney Advisory Group; Jean Case, CEO of the Case Foundation; Mary Wittenberg, President and CEO of New York Roadrunners; and Barbara Goodstein, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer & Chief Innovation Officer, AXA Equitable. Women in senior leadership positions at Exxon Mobil, Wal-Mart, KPMG, Accenture, Ernst & Young, DuPont, Goldman Sachs, and Skadden Arps are mentoring as well.
The program, which began in 2006, will open with a four-day orientation session in Washington, DC, where the participants will meet with senior women in government, academia, and business. The second phase of the program will pair each of the 32 participants with one or two of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Leaders. For two weeks, American and international participants will share their skills and experiences, exploring ways to strengthen women’s leadership. The program will conclude with a two-day debriefing in New York City, where participants will meet executives of Goldman Sachs and Solera Capitol.
The Fortune/U.S. State Department Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership is an innovative program that connects America’s top women executives with emerging women leaders from around the world. Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Leaders share their time, talent and expertise in business with the next generation of international women leaders. Visit exchanges.state.gov/citizens/professionals/fortunepartnership.html and www.fortunempws.com for more information.
- Ex-Goldman Sachs director Gupta arrested, charged in insider trading case - Oct 26, 2011
- Rajat Gupta secretly served Rajaratnam's hedge fund: Prosecution - Jun 01, 2012
- Rajat Gupta's plea on wiretaps declined - Jun 12, 2012
- Rajat Gupta's alleged tips were publicly known: Defence - Jun 09, 2012
- Rajat Gupta was on Rajaratnam's 'Important People' list: Witness - May 23, 2012
- P&W; delivers engines for first Indian Air Force C-17 transporter - Jul 09, 2012
- Rajat Gupta threw away his duties: Prosecution - May 22, 2012
- New insider trading probe may help Rajat Gupta - Apr 20, 2012
- Rajat Gupta, Rajaratnam had animosity: defence lawyer - Mar 03, 2012
- Chanda Kochhar tops India's powerful businesswomen's list (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- US envoy Roemer visits education, health programs in Delhi's Sanjay Gandhi settlement - Apr 26, 2011
- Facebook To Unveil Its Financial Workings - Jan 24, 2011
- Goldman sued by ex-VP over "mommy track" - Mar 25, 2010
- Key Indian-American insider trading witness avoids jail - Jul 20, 2012
- SEC charges Goldman Sachs with civil fraud - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: andrea jung, avon products, axa equitable, barbara goodstein, bosnia and herzegovina, chief innovation officer, emerging women leaders, exxon mobil, fulbright jaworski, global partnership, goldman sachs, international participants, jean case, mentoring partnership, meredith whitney, new york roadrunners, orientation session, skadden arps, solera capital, vital voices