U.S.-built training facility opens in BaghdadFebruary 5th, 2010 - 1:01 am ICT by BNO News
BAGHDAD (BNO NEWS) – A new Training Tactical Operations Center was unveiled on February 2. It was built by U.S. Army Corps of engineers. The new training facility also opened its door to Iraqi corrections officers.
This new construction is located in the Camp Cropper internment facility inside the Victory Base Complex near the Baghdad International Airport.
Such facility will instruct Iraqi corrections officers on how to run a Tactical Operations Center. The aim of this project is to provide Iraqi officers with the knowledge and skills they will need in order to be able to sustain the operations after the U.S. Army departs.
The instruction will focus in the overall management and supervision of all facility operations, including visitation, medical services, programs and rehabilitation services
“This training center is a perfect example of our commitment to ensuring a smooth transition as facilities such as this internment camp are slowly turned over to the government of Iraq,” said Lt. Col. Richard Pratt, the deputy commander for Gulf Region District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Iraq.
- American service member killed in northern Iraq - Jan 17, 2011
- Thousands of Iraqis protest against foreign intervention - Sep 17, 2011
- U.S. officially ends nearly nine-year-long war in Iraq - Dec 15, 2011
- US hands over Saddam's two half-brothers to Iraq - Jul 15, 2011
- New national military training center opened in Baghdad - May 15, 2010
- Maliki controlled security forces abusing detainees at secret sites: HR Watch - Feb 02, 2011
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- Iraqi legislators oppose execution of Saddam regime officials - Jul 17, 2011
- U.S. soldiers help train Iraqi army to operate fuel tankers - Jan 28, 2010
- U.S. Forces transfer military base to Iraqi government - Apr 17, 2010
- Detainee at Camp Cropper near Baghdad found dead - Apr 12, 2010
- US hands over Tareq Aziz, other Saddam regime members to Iraq - Jul 14, 2010
- Three American troops die in central and northern Iraq - Jan 15, 2011
- Al-Qaeda in Iraq member and eight associates arrested - Apr 27, 2010
- Iraqis demand end to American occupation - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: aim, army corps of engineers, baghdad international airport, bno, camp cropper, corps of engineers, deputy commander, facility operations, february 2, government of iraq, internment camp, lt, medical services programs, new construction, rehabilitation services, richard pratt, smooth transition, tactical operations center, u s army, u s army corps of engineers