UPS Cargo Plane Crashes In Dubai After TakeoffSeptember 4th, 2010 - 11:01 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dubai, Sep 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) An United Parcel Service owned cargo plane suffered a tragic accident on Friday when the aircraft crashed at the outskirts of Dubai. The civil aviation authorities have confirmed that the cargo plane caught fire soon after it took off and it resulted in the death two crew members after it crashed in the military base of the city.
A statement issued by the General Civil Aviation Authority of the United Arab Emirates reads that a probe has been initiated to ascertain the circumstances that lead to the crash and it has also been validated that the bodies of two pilots have been found from the site of the crash. However, the United Parcel Service has denied to confirm the casualty figure while it has revealed in a statement that a 747-400 type that was on its way to Cologne, Germany with two crew members on board crashed shortly after it took off from Dubai. In the meanwhile, Bob Lekites, the UPS Airline and International Operations Manager has expressed condolences for the families of the crew members killed in the accident and has also reiterated that UPS would do everything to find out the cause of the plane crash.
A civil aviation spokesperson has told reporters that soon after takeoff, the flight experienced certain technical problems due to which the pilot attempted to land the plane once again but unfortunately things went out of control and crashed. Meanwhile, eye-witnesses have stated that when the flight landed on the Nad al-Sheba military camp, it was already on fire.
- The biggest fireball I ever saw: Dubai crash witness - Sep 04, 2010
- Two pilots killed in cargo plane crash in Dubai - Sep 04, 2010
- UPS Boeing 747 cargo plane crashes in Dubai - Sep 04, 2010
- Bodies of missing South Korean pilots found months after crash - Oct 30, 2011
- Asiana Airlines pilot took out life insurance policies month before crash - Aug 01, 2011
- Italian military plane crashes in Dubai - Nov 18, 2011
- Cargo plane crashes in Saudi Arabia (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistan to probe plane crash that killed 127 (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Boeing offers to assist Pakistan in crash probe - Apr 21, 2012
- Cargo plane crashes on take-off in Dubai (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Air India flight turbulence leaves passengers injured, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Mangalore air crash: DNA experts arrives as 26 bodies still unidentified - May 23, 2010
- Cargo Plane Skids On Runway In Sea-Tac Airport - Nov 23, 2010
- Six dead in southern Russia plane crash - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: cargo plane crashes, civil aviation authorities, civil aviation authority, cologne germany, condolences, crew members, eye witnesses, gina gomez, international operations, military base, military camp, operations manager, plane crash, takeoff, tragic accident, united arab emirates, united parcel service, ups, ups airline, ups cargo