Update: Small Plane Crashes in Austin BuildingFebruary 19th, 2010 - 12:47 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Austin, TX, Feb 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A small “Piper Cherokee” airplane crashed into a commercial building in Austin Tx, on Highway 183 in North Austin. This is an update to the story which has already been published.
Several stories of this seven story building are engulfed with flames, and this building houses the CIA, FBI and IRS in the Texas town….
Eyewitnesses said the blue and white plane was swooping down as if he (the pilot) was gonna buzz the apartments within feet of the apartment complex…right next to Home Depot. The witness said that suddenly there was a huge explosion, they could not tell how many people were in the plane. The plane flew so low that it barely missed the street lights, and it looked as though the pilot were aiming for the building.
It was just confirmed that the FBI office was not hit. Authorities are saying that they do not see an indication that the pilot was targeting a federal building, and are advising reporters not to jump to these conclusions..
A new report just into MSNBC says that the pilot actually set fire to his own house before taking off in this plane. It is suspected that he was under some type of mental stress. Authorities are working now to try and find out exactly why this happened. They are stressing that no one should expect it to be a terrorist act, but the eyewitnesses are skeptical. CNN reports that the plane that crashed is stolen.
Department of Homeland Security Deputy Press Secretary Matthew Chandler told BNO News that no criminal or terrorist activity suspected in Austin plane crash.
The Associated Press says that airline officials have just diverted United Flight 741 because of a bomb threat there, the plane carrying 161 passengers and eight crew was leaving Denver on its way to San Fransisco, and was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport..more to come on both of these as information is available..
- Austin Plane Crash Planned For Months? - Feb 19, 2010
- Suicidal pilot crashes plane in US tax office (Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Was Plane Crash In Texas Intentional Act? - Feb 19, 2010
- Small plane crashes into 7-storey-building in US - Feb 19, 2010
- United Flight 741 Diverted Due to Bomb Threat - Feb 19, 2010
- Indian American says he nearly drove into crashing plane - Feb 20, 2010
- Small plane crashes into a 7 storeyed Austin Building - Feb 19, 2010
- Plane Crashes in Las Vegas Neighborhood, Injuries Reported - Sep 06, 2010
- Several injured after small plane crashes into Austin office building - Feb 19, 2010
- Small plane crash near Lebanon, Kentucky airport kills one - Feb 24, 2010
- Small plane crashes in Las Vegas, casualties unknown - Sep 06, 2010
- Austin pilot finished suicide note at 00.42 a.m. Thursday - Feb 19, 2010
- Several injured after plane crashes into Austin office building - Feb 19, 2010
- Four injured after small plane crashes in Las Vegas - Sep 06, 2010
- Muslim pilot fired over fears he might copy 9/11 - Jan 29, 2012
Tags: airline officials, austin plane crash, bomb threat, building houses, cia fbi, cnn, cnn reports, department of homeland security, deputy press, eyewitnesses, fbi office, home depot, leaving denver, mental stress, msnbc, piper cherokee, salt lake city, salt lake city international, salt lake city international airport, small plane crashes