University of San Diego student shot while driving to schoolApril 6th, 2011 - 7:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Diego, April 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A student of University of San Diego was shot and injured while driving to school. Surprisingly the 21-year-old student failed to realize that she has been shot. It was only after some time when she felt unbearable pains that paramedics realized that she has a bullet in her body.
The student who was not identified in the report told investigators that she was driving through the fast lane on Balboa when she felt sharp pain in her body. She continued driving but called her mother moments later to report that she was having problems breathing. Her mother called 911 to report what her daughter had said to her.
When paramedics managed to catch up with her, the student was just 50 yards from the university’s east entrance. Incredibly it was at that moment that the paramedics realized that the student has been shot in the right rear of her torso. She was rushed to the hospital where she underwent surgery.
Investigators descended on the highway and managed to retrieve 10 shell casing. The police subsequently sealed off the freeway as they continued with their investigation. It was reopened about four hours. The police are currently working to determine the motive for the shooting.
- Now, trick the brain to soothe arthritic pain - Apr 15, 2011
- Southwest Airlines apologises to Muslim woman for being thrown off flight - Mar 18, 2011
- Jade Goody's Mum Jackiey Budden Recalls Her Attempted Suicide - Jan 10, 2011
- Lily Allen trying for another baby in the New Year - Dec 17, 2010
- "Teen Mom" Amber Portwood Gets Daughter's Tattoo On Her Belly - Dec 18, 2010
- Drew Barrymore, Mandy Moore help out at food bank - Apr 05, 2011
- Chelsea King's parents think that the judicial system failed them - Mar 06, 2010
- Thomas Kelley escapes from San Diego prison by stealing a fire engine - Jan 03, 2012
- Mexican traffickers use minors to carry drugs into US - Mar 24, 2012
- Parental monitoring 'decreases alcohol-related problems in young adults' - Mar 16, 2011
- Indian surgeons help Nigerian woman back on her feet - Sep 05, 2011
- Mirror trick could ease arthritis pain - Nov 15, 2011
- Police Searching For City College Student Murderer Armando Perez - Jan 30, 2011
- Katrina's Security Becomes A Family Problem - May 18, 2010
- Tattooed freak who's become Gaga's new best pal is a mummy's boy - Mar 11, 2011