Uncle named as killer of a boy killed in 1984August 1st, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Beverly Hills, Aug 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Christopher Laverack was killed in the year 1984 by a killer who was never found until way later. His murder case was the longest that police detectives have had to deal with.
Christopher who was 9 years old at that time disappeared from his sister’s house in Hull where he had been babysitting and his body was found in Beverly Hills two days later. The investigations have now ended and the person found to have killed Christopher is his own uncle.
Police say that the killer, Melvyn Read who has been convicted for sexual offences. After the murder, Christopher’s body was placed in a plastic carpet underlay bag and a brick was placed on top of it. The police started suspecting Uncle Read when charges were pressed against him for child abuse. Read had served seven and a half years in prison after he was convicted for child sexual abuse.
Evidence that was found to charge Read for his nephew’s murder is that the description that was given of a car that was seen outside Christopher’s sister’s house that day fitted that of his car. Read was arrested in 2006 in connection with his nephew’s murder but he died of cancer inside Hull prison in February of 2008 before he could be tried for the murder.
- London riots: Duggan was Manchester ganglord's nephew - Aug 12, 2011
- Ronnie Lee Gardner Facing Execution By Firing Squad - Jun 18, 2010
- Brit man gets life term for raping, slowly murdering 12-yr-old niece - Oct 05, 2010
- Indian-American treats wife as slave; gets away with probation - May 24, 2012
- Briton stabs, strangles niece in pornographic obsession - Oct 05, 2010
- Man jailed for 27 years for 1966 murder - Jul 23, 2012
- Chandigarh Police drawing flak from all quarters - Jan 09, 2011
- Schwarzenegger, wife reunite for birthday - Aug 02, 2011
- Yorkshire Ripper never to be released, rules London court - Jul 16, 2010
- Four arrested in Punjab for killing NRI - Oct 31, 2010
- Russian prisoner flees on hijacked chopper - Mar 23, 2012
- More than 400 Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes' - Mar 29, 2012
- Indian-origin duo killed over parking dispute - Dec 13, 2011
- Saudi Prince Convicted in the UK of Murdering His Servant - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' star's son injured in car accident - Aug 20, 2011