Tyler Shields Goes Without Sleep For 40 daysNovember 3rd, 2010 - 6:50 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
November 3, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Tyler Shields, a resident of Los Angeles and a journalist by profession states that there is absolutely no one who can now complain about being tired in his vicinity anymore. This is so because Shields claims to have kept awake for 40 days consecutively without once going off to sleep.
He was speaking to AOL news when he said that he had managed to overcome his physical weaknesses consisting of fever, pain in the eye, headaches and even a feeling of numbness in his leg by keeping awake for over a month without taking a single wink let alone forty.
The officials from the Guinness World Records, however, declined to take cognizance of his feat simply because it is impossible to prove. Replicating the action would be dangerous too, they feel. Tyler Shields is completely convinced of having beaten the former record holders by a thumping margin though.
The photographer who has often snapped the photos of controversial stars like Lindsay Lohan says that nothing is impossible in life. It is just a matter of believing and doing the things that most people believe to be impossible.
Shields claims to have surrounded himself with monitors which kept a 24 hour long surveillance on him all throughout his activities which included working, scheduling shootings and clicking photographs on his final night. He admits that he wanted to challenge himself but wouldn’t encourage anyone else to do it. Neither would he like to do it again himself as he doesn’t want to break his own record. The experience was simply awesome, he concludes.
- Tyler Shields Stays Awake For 40 Days, Sets A World Record - Nov 03, 2010
- Photographer Tyler Shields claims that he didn't sleep for 40 days - Nov 03, 2010
- Naga Viper Named World's Hottest Chili Pepper - Dec 05, 2010
- Elite gamers set world record playing video game for 50 hours - Jan 21, 2011
- Lohan turns vampire - May 09, 2011
- Brit man's world record dream crushed after 121 days with deadly snakes - Sep 18, 2010
- US man dubbed 'Mr Elastic' attempts record with feet turned backwards - Mar 26, 2011
- I blew $20m on drugs and booze, says Steven Tyler - May 02, 2011
- Teen collapses after 5-days of gaming marathon - Aug 09, 2012
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- Bush was 'cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving White House' - Oct 21, 2010
- Tyler Perry blasts Spike Lee - Apr 21, 2011
- Barack Obama writes absence-note for a fifth-grader - Jun 05, 2012
- 'The King's Speech' stutter was agonising for Colin Firth - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: cognizance, fever, guinness world records, headaches, journalist, lindsay lohan, men at work, monitors, numbness, pain in the eye, pen men, photographer, photographs, photos, profession, shields, sleep, surveillance, vicinity, wink