Two Sets of Pyramids Discovered In EgyptAugust 14th, 2012 - 6:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Cairo, Aug 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Two new possible pyramid sites have been discovered by an American scientist who has spent 10 years studying the region. The archeology researchers known as Angela Micol made the discoveries after observing the region for 10 years.
The American scientist pinpointed two significant areas along the Nile basin that contain unusual shaped mounds. The two mounds are located about 90 miles and one of the sites includes a 620ft triangular plateau that is believed to be almost three times the size of the great pyramid which is located at Gaza.
The American scientist who is based in North Carolina America is now planning to make a visit to the sites in order to confirm that they are the real locations of the pyramids. The discovery would be deemed as the largest if the plateau discovered represents the remains of a genuine pyramid.
The American scientist Micol said that on closer examination the mound appears to have a very flat top and a curiously triangular flat top that is symmetrical and which has been heavily eroded over the years. The significance of the two sites stems from the fact that all the known pyramids were built in Cairo. Micol however added that field research will be required to ascertain what the satellite images revealed.
- Egypt close down Great Pyramid - Nov 12, 2011
- Ancient Egyptian priest's tomb discovered in Giza - Oct 19, 2010
- Bronze Age necropolis unearthed in Serbia - Jun 17, 2012
- Egypt unearths 4,500-year-old tomb - Oct 19, 2010
- Egypt's buried hands may be ancient trophies - Aug 11, 2012
- ONGC makes two new oil and gas discoveries - Oct 16, 2010
- Statue fragments of King Tut's grandparents unearthed - Jan 11, 2011
- Temple discovery reveals Indian Buddhism's spread to China - May 08, 2012
- Biblical wind movement caused parting of Red Sea waters - Sep 22, 2010
- Is this how the ancients prevented river water seepage? (With Images) - Jul 12, 2012
- 3400-yr-old Bronze Age man who broke his neck but survived, found in Spain - Dec 18, 2010
- Oldest Pyramid Tomb In North America Found in Mexico! - May 19, 2010
- "Chasing Mummies" Lives Up To Viewers' Expectation - Jul 16, 2010
- World's oldest meteor impact crater discovered - Jul 01, 2012
- Earth's oldest crater found in Greenland - Jun 29, 2012