Two People Rescued From Stalled Miami-Dade County Fair RideMarch 31st, 2010 - 9:32 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Miami, Mar 31, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Miami-Dade County Fair in Florida witnessed a desperate rescue effort that finally brought down two people. Reportedly the rescued ones were stalled along with the ride on Tuesday when the fair ride went down all of a sudden.
The fire fighter officials reported that the call for rescue came at 1:54 p.m when the ride boarders were spotted for the very first time to be stuck in the ride which had stopped moving. Following the call, the rescue units that had been called upon hurried across to reach the grounds at the Miami Dade Fair. Reportedly, the passengers were stuck on board for a span of more than 30 minutes. It took almost an hour for all the rescue officials and the fire fighters to get the passengers of the ride down to the ground. The total rescue operation came to an end at 2:45 p.m.
Miami-Dade County Fair happens to be an annual fair that is held each and every year at Florida. It is backed by a private group of investors. The group is a non-profit based organization. The Fair happens to be a great crowd puller which pulls in 700,000 fair visitors each and every year. Miami-Dade County Fair is held huge and has an immense capacity for about 100 fair rides along with 170 food stalls. The fair has 50,000 student and adult exhibits that also have 130 merchandise outlets along with live entertainment shows being performed. Miami-Dade County Fair looks forward to offer $2 million scholarships for all high school graduates to support their college fees.
- 2 Females Rescued Subsequent To An Hour On A Hindered Fair Ride In Miami - Mar 31, 2010
- Florida teenager survives harpoon through head - Jun 20, 2012
- Florida transvestite charged with manslaughter after injecting woman's buttocks with cement - Jul 28, 2012
- Jeff Lacy's Brother Found Dead In Florida Shooting Incident - Jan 25, 2011
- Spanish bank acquires failed US bank - Aug 22, 2011
- A Miami, FL man was sentenced for multi-million dollar health care fraud - Mar 03, 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew May Hit Florida, Says Weather Office - Sep 24, 2010
- Man in 'small penis in scanner' jibe arrested after bust-up with colleague - May 07, 2010
- Smoking kills: Miami man killed for cigarette - May 10, 2010
- Four Florida residents charged in $6 million mortgage fraud scheme - Mar 17, 2010
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom roller coaster left stranded - Jul 31, 2012
- Sean Kingston critical after jet ski accident - May 30, 2011
- Wifredo Ferrer confirmed as Florida's District Attorney - Apr 23, 2010
- Woman rescued from Pennsylvanian ATM - Jun 03, 2011
- Belgian Malinois Death Case Haunts Former Police Sergeant - Jul 29, 2010
Tags: 30 minutes, based organization, boarders, crowd puller, desperate rescue, exhibits, fair rides, fire fighter, fire fighters, immense capacity, live entertainment, merchandise outlets, miami dade county, miami dade county fair, news miami, private group, ranjan, rescue effort, rescue officials, scholarships