Two People Killed, Dozens Injured In Missouri School Bus CrashAugust 6th, 2010 - 7:34 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Gray Summit, Missouri, Aug 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) As many as 50 people were injured and two people have lost their lives in a tragic highway crash on Thursday. The collision is said to have taken place at Interstate 44 west of St.Louis when the buses, which had band members of St. James aboard, were on their way to a Six Flags amusement park.
While revealing details of the accident, Missouri State Highway Patrol has stated that the pickup truck crashed into the back of the tractor which had slowed down for construction work on the road. This was followed by the pickup being hit by a bus which was in turn slammed by the second bus. A girl as well as a the driver of the pickup truck were killed in the crash. The scene of the accident was thronged by large number of ambulances which swung into action to take the injured to the nearest medical facility. Spokesperson Ashley Wiehle has revealed that 36 injured high school students were immediately rushed to the St. Louis based SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center and they appear to be in a good condition. At the same time, it has been reported that the details about the condition of six children who were taken to the St. John’s Mercy Medical Center is not clear.
In the meanwhile, any information about the cause of the accident has not been forthcoming till now with the authorities unable to shed much light into the matter as it is still under investigation. However, as of now none of the drivers of the vehicles have been taken into custody.
- Ban cell phone use while driving: US safety panel - Dec 14, 2011
- Two Dead, As Many as 50 Injured in Missouri School Bus Accident - Aug 06, 2010
- Mumbai woman killed in US bus accudent - Aug 04, 2012
- Policeman in Obama motorcade dies in accident - Sep 10, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- 14 die in New York tour bus accident - Mar 13, 2011
- Cardinals paint the town red with their World Series parade - Oct 31, 2011
- Seven dead, 38 hurt in Japan accident - Apr 30, 2012
- Truck crashes into passenger bus in southern Vietnam, killing 10 - Nov 07, 2011
- Eight killed in Haiti road accident - Dec 03, 2011
- 16 pilgrims killed after truck falls into gorge in India - Jul 28, 2012
- Lucerne Valley Car Crash Kills Eight, Injures 17 - Aug 16, 2010
- CHP Initiates Probe In Redlands Truck Crash Case - May 07, 2010
- Six pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Oct 16, 2010
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: ambulances, amusement park, band members, buses, cardinal glennon, construction work, gina gomez, gray summit missouri, high school students, medical facility, mercy medical center, missouri school bus crash, missouri state highway patrol, pickup truck, school bus crash, six flags, spokesperson, st james, st john, state highway patrol