Two Bronx men charged for selling firearms to undercover detectivesFebruary 18th, 2010 - 5:09 am ICT by BNO News
BRONX, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) – Two men from the Bronx were charged for selling firearms to undercover detectives, prosecutors said on Wednesday.
Gabriel Sosa, 23, and Dominic Nesby, 18, have been indicted for allegedly selling handguns and assault rifles during a five month period in 2009.
New York City Police Detectives worked undercover, buying firearms from Sosa and Nesby. All but one of the gun sales took place in a parked car in front of the defendants’ residence on Washington Avenue.
Some of the transactions were caught on video, as the undercover detectives paid a total of $9,600 for 2 assault rifles and 9 handguns.
Sosa is facing a maximum sentence of up to 25 years imprisonment if convicted of the most serious offense, Criminal Sale of a Firearm in the 1st degree. Both, Sosa and Nesby are also facing a maximum term of up to 7 years imprisonment on each count if convicted of Criminal Sale of a Firearm in the 3rd degree. Additionally, they are facing other counts that could increase their prison term for another 22 years.
- Waterloo, IA felon sentenced for possession of a firearm - Mar 04, 2010
- US indicts two for trafficking jaguar pelts - Aug 31, 2011
- Five Connecticut members of white supremacist group indicted for weapons charges - Mar 23, 2010
- Three Connecticut men found guilty for scheming the theft of several assault rifles - Mar 11, 2010
- Salina, KS man sentenced for guns and drug trafficking - Mar 12, 2010
- Stamford, CT man charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition - Mar 04, 2010
- Pakistani man convicted by U.S. federal jury of conspiring to fund Taliban - May 28, 2010
- Iowa man charged with being a felon in possesion of a firearm - Feb 05, 2010
- Indian-American treats wife as slave; gets away with probation - May 24, 2012
- Bridgeport, CT man found guilty of robbing two banks - Mar 04, 2010
- Massachusetts man sentenced to life for contracting cousin to kill his 18-year-old girlfriend - Apr 06, 2010
- US agent accused of buying guns for Mexican cartels - Apr 13, 2012
- Los Angeles man convicted after killing 4-year-old boy - Feb 09, 2010
- Four drug gang members get death penalty in China - Dec 26, 2010
- IMF chief denied bail in sex assault case (Lead) - May 17, 2011
Tags: 22 years, 3rd degree, assault rifles, bno, bronx new york, city police, dominic, firearms, gun sales, handguns, imprisonment, maximum sentence, maximum term, nesby, police detectives, prison term, prosecutors, sosa, undercover detectives, washington avenue