Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank RobberyJanuary 8th, 2011 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A San Jose bank-teller is facing charges for reportedly allowing a robbery in his bank branch with an assistant. Police reports 21-year-old Jose Luna pretended being robbed at the time he was working at a Bank of America on Dec. 28. The incident took place when a man came up to the counter and handed Jose Luna a note which demanded cash.
Going by the reports, the robbery suspect was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of sunshades when he walked into a Bank of America in South San Jose and presented a demand note to the teller. Police reports say that the mid-morning robbery which took place on Dec 28, was an staged act headed by the bank-teller. The whole incident remained a mystery till the police gathered sufficient evidence against the bank-teller. Jose Everardo Luna, 21, of San Jose, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy, embezzlement and felony grand theft. Police also arrested his accomplice, Steven Anthony Davis, 20, of Morgan Hill, on the same charges. Officer Jose Garcia of the Police Department told a reputed news source that the reported robber, Steven Davis, 20, was actually working with Jose Luna. Santa Clara County prosecutors say that both Steven Davis and Jose Luna have each been charged on grounds of grand theft and other charges.
According to police, Detectives took Jose Luna under arrest during the investigation while Steven Davis surrendered to San Jose Police Department. along with the money he robbed from the bank. There have been a number of similar crimes that have taken place in San Jose in the last couple of years.
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Friday is the most popular day for bank robberies - Apr 07, 2011
- Serial bank robber William Easley turns himself in to the police - Oct 20, 2010
- Serial bank robber "old man bandit" sentenced to 13 years in prison - Jul 31, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- San Francisco, CA bank robber sentenced to life - Jan 23, 2010
- Armed Brazilian demands bank returns her $25 - Aug 03, 2012
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- US mum 'robs bank on her way to pick up kids from school' - Sep 26, 2010
- Police arrest the bouquet bandit - Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Waterbury, CT man arrested for robbing a Brewster, NY bank - May 13, 2010
- Karachi bank looted of Rs.3.8 mn - Aug 27, 2011
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: accomplice, bank of america, bank robbery, bank teller, county prosecutors, embezzlement, everardo, hooded sweatshirt, jose garcia, jose luna, meena, mid morning, morgan hill, police detectives, robbery suspect, san jose police, san jose police department, santa clara county, south san jose, sunshades