Twin Cities Marathon All Set To Kick OffOctober 3rd, 2010 - 8:12 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Oct 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) One of the most awaited annual events, Twin Cities Marathon, at Minnesota, will start from Oct 3, Sunday at 8 am. It is the annual Autumn marathon event in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area. Often described as “The Most Beautiful Urban Marathon” in America, it is conducted every year in the first week of October, drawing more than a thousand runners and more than three lakh spectators.
The marathon will start from the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome and end at the State Capitol building in St. Paul. It is the twenty ninth year of the 26.2-mile race, that starts with more than thousand runners but ends with just a few. The race will start 8 a.m and finish at 2:15 p.m. If a runner cannot complete the full 26 miles in the given period, then he will not be considered as the official finisher of the Marathon. Amidst the fun and frolic, the authorities have warned that there would be tremendous road blocks and parking problems, as the arterial routes will be dedicated to the marathon. Therefore, anyone who would be interested to watch the marathon, should use the bus or other public transports.
The recent flooding in St. Paul, is not expected to cause any hindrance to the marathon. Things have been easily worked out so that the runners do not face any problems. Since 1982, more than ten thousand people have participated in this race but only forty four of them could make it to the last. Almost 5000 volunteers have been appointed this year to help the runners and the wheelers during the marathon and make the spectators feel more comfortable during its course.
- Madison Marathon To Witness 8,300 Runners - May 30, 2010
- Portland Marathon 2010 To Kick Off Today - Oct 10, 2010
- Columbus Marathon Executed With Success - Oct 18, 2010
- Jacob Bradosky, Janet Cherobon Clinch Victory In Marine Corps Marathon - Nov 02, 2010
- Unscheduled Freight Train Delays Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon - Nov 15, 2010
- India's Ashis Roy, 78, completes 108th marathon - Apr 04, 2011
- Buzunesh Deba And Sergio Reyes Emerge As Twin Cities Marathon Champion - Oct 04, 2010
- More than 6,000 join Mawana Sugars Indian Open Marathon - Feb 11, 2012
- P. F. Chang's Rock 'N' Roll Arizona Marathon To Witness Thousands Of Participants - Jan 16, 2011
- Boston Stages 114th Marathon - Apr 19, 2010
- India's Ashis Roy completes 103rd marathon - May 17, 2010
- Minnesota Vikings ink deal for a new stadium - Mar 03, 2012
- Kipsang, Keitany win London marathon - Apr 22, 2012
- India's Ashis Roy, 78, completes 106th marathon - Sep 13, 2010
- Seattle Rock And Roll Marathon Kicks Off In Full Spirits - Jun 26, 2010
Tags: authorities, autumn, capitol building, dey, hindrance, hubert h humphrey, hubert h humphrey metrodome, lakh, minneapolis, road blocks, runners, saint paul area, spectators, state capitol, ten thousand, twin cities marathon, urban marathon, volunteers