Twenty-two charged in Evansville grug trafficking caseFebruary 5th, 2010 - 4:52 am ICT by BNO News
EVANSVILLE, INDIANA (BNO NEWS) – Twenty-two persons have been charged in U.S. District Court in Evansville with conspiracy to distribute cocaine on Thursday, according to the Department of Justice.
The investigation was led by the Evansville office of the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Evansville-Vanderburgh County Joint Drug Task Force. During the operation 150 law enforcement officers arrested twenty-two individuals in Evansville, Henderson, Kentucky and Miami, Florida.
They secured 1/4 kilogram of powder cocaine, a quantity of crack cocaine, $21,000 in cash and sixteen firearms.
Three of the suspects, Jean Sterling, Sledge Siede and Francouer Pierre are alleged members of the Miami based street gang “Zoe Pound”. Such criminal organization was founded by Haitian immigrants and it’s known by its involvement in drug trafficking, robbery and related violent crime as well as facilitating and advancing the conspiracy’s drug trafficking activities in Evansville.
The defendants were charged with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute both “crack” and powder cocaine and also with separate instances of using their cellular telephones to facilitate drug trafficking offenses.
If convicted they could face maximum possible prison sentences of life imprisonment, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew P. Brookman, who is prosecuting the case.
- Reggae star Buju Banton found guilty of cocaine conspiracy charges - Feb 23, 2011
- Grammy-winning reggae artist Buju Banton sentenced to over 10 years in prison - Jun 24, 2011
- Carbondale, IL man sentenced for role in crack cocaine conspiracy - Mar 22, 2010
- Two men arrested for Chicago-NY drug operation - Feb 13, 2010
- Reggae star Buju Banton wins Grammy, faces prison on drug-related charges - Feb 14, 2011
- New Hanover County, NC man sentenced for distributing crack cocaine - Mar 25, 2010
- New York cocaine trafficker sentenced - Feb 13, 2010
- Eight Miami residents arrested for trafficking cocaine - Mar 05, 2010
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- Six members of the Rodriguez-Orejuela family indicted - Feb 26, 2010
- Hartford man sentenced to 27 months for role in drug ring - Feb 19, 2010
- Bridgeport, CT man sentenced for dealing crack cocaine - Feb 06, 2010
- Buju Banton sentenced for 10 years in prison for cocaine trafficking - Jun 24, 2011
- Nashville, TN man sentenced for distributing cocaine - Mar 05, 2010
- Toy cars made of cocaine seized in Italy - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: bno, brookman, cellular telephones, crack cocaine, criminal organization, drug enforcement administration, drug task force, drug trafficking, evansville indiana, evansville office, evansville vanderburgh, grug, haitian immigrants, henderson kentucky, life imprisonment, powder cocaine, prison sentences, street gang, vanderburgh county, zoe pound