TV weatherman Robert William Batot shot in the chest with a crossbowJune 6th, 2012 - 7:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tennessee, June 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) 53-year-old Gerald Delbert Taylor, from Johnson City, has been charged with trespassing, burglary and attempted first-degree murder after breaking into the home of 43-year-old TV personality Robert William Batot.
Taylor allegedly shot Batot at his home before 4am last Monday. Taylor broke into Batot’s home through a window and used a crossbow to shoot the weatherman after an argument.
He also used a 9mm handgun to continue shooting Batot, who was running from his own house, but all shots fired missed the weatherman’s body. Police later discovered Taylor on a boat dock near the scene of the crime.
Batot, better known as Rob Williams, works as a weatherman for WJHL Channel 11. Last May, the meteorologist had taken out a restraining order against his attacker, after Taylor vandalized his vehicle.
Taylor has also been charged his violation this restraining order of protection. Batot also received death threats from Taylor. After his eviction from the weatherman’s home, Taylor moved into a Tennessee motel.
The meteorologist is currently in hospital, recovering from the attack. He has posted a statement on his Facebook page to thank people for their concern.
- Reality TV star Alexis Neiers arrested for probation violation - Dec 02, 2010
- Berry's intruder now charged with burglary - Jul 28, 2011
- Paris Hilton's home intruder convicted - May 02, 2011
- 16-year-old charged in Wisconsin murder of elderly Sikh - Aug 18, 2012
- AWOL solider indicted in Fort Hood bomb plot - Aug 10, 2011
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Today is the 43rd death anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr. - Apr 04, 2011
- Los Angeles man convicted after killing 4-year-old boy - Feb 09, 2010
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Roger Federer does a William Tell, but with his racquet, not crossbow! - Aug 18, 2010
- Sex worker sues motel for refusing room - Jul 23, 2012
- Ohio woman accused of breaking into home, and cleaning it - Jun 04, 2012
- Demario Atwater sentenced to life in prison for murdering college student - Sep 24, 2010
- Four-year-old boy shoots three-year-old girl - Jul 31, 2010
- Los Angeles gang member sentenced for killing a 4-year-old boy - Mar 19, 2010
Tags: 9mm handgun, attacker, burglary, crossbow, death threats, delbert, eviction, first degree murder, last monday, meteorologist, old tv, order of protection, restraining order, scene of the crime, tennessee, tv personality, tv weatherman, wjhl channel 11