Tropical Storm Karl makes landfall on Mexico’s Yucatan PeninsulaSeptember 15th, 2010 - 9:24 pm ICT by BNO News
MIAMI (BNO NEWS) — Tropical storm Karl made landfall near Chetumal, Mexico on the Yucatan Peninsula on Wednesday morning, meteorologists say.
Data from the Belize City radar indicates that the center of Karl made landfall at about 7:45 a.m. CDT (1245 UTC) on the Yucatan Península about 50 kilometers (30 miles) east-northeast of Chetumal, the capital of Quintana Roo state, the Miami-based U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
Karl has maximum sustained winds of 100 km/hr (65 mph).
- Hurricane Karl makes landfall on Mexico's Gulf coast as category 3 - Sep 18, 2010
- Tropical Storm Karl to hit Yucatan Peninsula, bringing sustained winds of up to 65 mph - Sep 15, 2010
- Powerful Hurricane Karl makes landfall on Mexico's Gulf coast - Sep 18, 2010
- Hurricane Paula battering Cuba's western coast - Oct 14, 2010
- Tropical storm Tomas forms southeast of Barbados, could threaten Jamaica - Oct 30, 2010
- Hurricane warning issued for Texas, Mexico as tropical storm Alex nears - Jun 29, 2010
- Tropical Storm Karl forms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea, warnings issued - Sep 15, 2010
- Tropical storm Alex expected to become a hurricane - Jun 30, 2010
- Tropical Storm Hermine hits northeastern Mexico, Texas - Sep 07, 2010
- Tropical Storm Richard forms over the Caribbean Sea - forecasters - Oct 21, 2010
- Remnants of Colin regenerate, tropical storm warning issued for Bermuda - Aug 06, 2010
- Tropical Storm Paula forms in the northwestern Caribbean - Oct 12, 2010
- Category two hurricane Paula takes aim for Cuba - Oct 13, 2010
- Hurricane watch issued for northeastern Mexico, Texas coasts as Tropical Storm Hermine strengthens - Sep 06, 2010
- Tropical storm Hermine forms, warning issued for south Texas - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,