Tropical Storm Igor forms in the far eastern Atlantic Ocean - NHCSeptember 8th, 2010 - 10:14 pm ICT by BNO News
MIAMI (BNO NEWS) — Tropical Storm Igor formed in the far eastern tropical Atlantic on late Wednesday morning, forecasters said, and the storm could strengthen into a hurricane within days.
As of 11 a.m. EDT (1500 GMT), the center of Igor was located about 155 kilometers (95 miles) southeast of the southernmost Cape Verde Islands and had maximum sustained winds near 65 kilometers (40 miles) per hour, with higher gusts.
A tropical storm watch was issued for the southern Cape Verde Islands, including Maio, Sao Tiago, Fogo and Brava. “A tropical storm watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case within the next 12 to 24 hours,” forecaster Blake at the Miami-based National Hurricane Center said.
- Tropical Storm Igor forms in the far eastern Atlantic Ocean, expected to become hurricane - Sep 09, 2010
- Igor weakens to a tropical depression over the Atlantic - Sep 10, 2010
- Hurricane Igor Spins it's Way Across Atlantic - Sep 13, 2010
- Tropical Depression Nine forms in the Atlantic, expected to strengthen - Sep 01, 2010
- Tropical storm Gaston forms in the Atlantic, no threat to land - Sep 02, 2010
- Tropical Depression Six forms over the central Atlantic, aims for Bermuda - Aug 22, 2010
- Hurricane Danielle unexpectedly weakens to a category two storm, aims for Bermuda - Aug 24, 2010
- Earl becomes a category four hurricane; Fiona forms in Atlantic - Aug 31, 2010
- Tropical Depression Seven forms in the eastern Atlantic, set to become hurricane - Aug 25, 2010
- Tropical Storm Lisa forms in the far eastern Atlantic - Sep 21, 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew forms over the south-central Caribbean Sea, expected to strengthen - Sep 24, 2010
- Tropical Storm Katia forms in the far eastern Atlantic, set to become major hurricane - Aug 30, 2011
- Forecasters: Tropical depression may form in the eastern Atlantic off Africa - Aug 27, 2010
- Tropical depression forms in the far eastern Atlantic, may threaten the Caribbean - Aug 29, 2011
- Hurricane warning issued for Bermuda as Igor nears - NHC - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: bno, brava, cape verde islands, eastern atlantic ocean, far eastern, fogo, forecaster, forecasters, gusts, kilometers, maio, maximum sustained winds, miles per hour, national hurricane center, nhc, sao tiago, southernmost, tropical storm conditions, tropical storm watch, wednesday morning