Tropical storm Hermine forms, warning issued for south TexasSeptember 6th, 2010 - 4:16 pm ICT by BNO News
MIAMI (BNO NEWS) — A tropical storm warning was issued for the coast of south Texas on early Monday morning as Tropical Depression Ten strengthened into Tropical Storm Hermine, forecasters said.
Tropical Storm Hermine was located about 235 miles (375 kilometers) southeast of La Pesca, Mexico as of 4 a.m. CDT (0900 GMT) on Monday, according to the Miami-based National Hurricane Center. It said maximum sustained winds have increased to near 40 miles (65 kilometers) per hour, with highest gusts.
While additional strengthening is forecast prior to landfall in Mexico, Hermine is not expected to strengthen into a category one hurricane.
At 4 a.m. CDT (0900 GMT), a tropical storm warning is in effect for the coast of Mexico from Tampico to the mouth of the Rio Grande. Additionally, a tropical storm warning is in effect for the coast of Texas from the mouth of the Rio Grande to Baffin Bay.
A tropical storm warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected within the warning area. “In this case within about 24 hours,” the Miami-based center said in a bulletin.
- Tropical storm Hermine forms, expected to make landfall on U.S.-Mexico coast - Sep 06, 2010
- Hurricane watch issued for northeastern Mexico, Texas coasts as Tropical Storm Hermine strengthens - Sep 06, 2010
- Hurricane Alex gathers strength off northeast Mexico's coast - Jul 01, 2010
- Hurricane warning issued for Texas, Mexico as tropical storm Alex nears - Jun 29, 2010
- Hurricane Alex to become category two storm prior to landfall - Jun 30, 2010
- Tropical storm Alex expected to become a hurricane - Jun 30, 2010
- Category two hurricane Paula takes aim for Cuba - Oct 13, 2010
- Tropical Storm Aletta forms far off Mexico's Pacific coast, no threat - May 15, 2012
- Tropical storm Colin forms in the Atlantic; no immediate threat to land - Aug 03, 2010
- Tropical Storm Frank forms off Mexico's Pacific coast, warning issued - Aug 22, 2010
- Hurricane Paula strengthens to category two - Oct 13, 2010
- Hurricane Earl becomes major category three storm as it nears the Virgin Islands - Aug 30, 2010
- Tropical Storm Lee forms in the Gulf of Mexico, heads for Louisiana - Sep 03, 2011
- New depression prompts tropical storm warnings in the Caribbean - Aug 21, 2012
- Karl becomes a major hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: baffin bay, bno, cdt, early monday morning, forecasters, gmt, gusts, kilometers per hour, la pesca mexico, landfall, maximum sustained winds, national hurricane center, rio grande, storm warning, tampico, tropical depression, tropical storm conditions, tropical storm hermine