Tropical storm Fay is gaining Hurricane standardsAugust 18th, 2008 - 9:34 pm ICT by David M N James
The National Hurricane Center has given indications that tropical storm Fay will be a Hurricane. The tropical storm moved over the western end of the Cuba Monday morning growling as it moved toward the eastern Gulf of Mexico and Florida Keys. This storm path has been confirmed by the National Hurricane Center in Miami where the storm is being monitored by the weather experts there. The toll at Haiti is estimated to be 30 people.
National Hurricane Center has forcasted that Tropical storm Fay could increase to near hurricane strength by Monday evening as it approaches the Florida Keys eventually becoming a dangerous hurricane as it makes headway into mainland Florida peninsula early Tuesday. American Officials have begun evacuation in Florida. Yesterday witnessed huge traffic jams and too much hustle Bustle as evacuation begun. People have been warned of the Fay storm and are taking the initiative of leaving their settlements to safer areas to avoid being caught in the vicious web of storm Fay. Already over 25, 000 people are leaving Key West. Latest advisory from the Hurricane center are that Fay’s track has changed and is moving northward in recent hours, as expected.
Yesterday saw thousands evacuate. Right now, numerous numbers are leaving Key West as thousands of people have been in the path of the approaching storm. The evacuation is going well though fears of being caught unawares are high. Officials are urging residents to leave quickly to avoid being trapped by the storm.
The projected path of the storm :-
- Hurricane Irene weakens slightly as it marches toward North Carolina - Aug 26, 2011
- Tropical Depression Seven forms in the eastern Atlantic, set to become hurricane - Aug 25, 2010
- Bermuda on alert as Hurricane Leslie approaches - Sep 07, 2012
- Tropical Storm Aletta forms far off Mexico's Pacific coast, no threat - May 15, 2012
- Tropical Storm Matthew May Hit Florida, Says Weather Office - Sep 24, 2010
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Category four hurricane Hilary could threaten Baja California - Sep 24, 2011
- Tropical storm Fay continues to pound Florida - Aug 22, 2008
- Hurricane watch issued for northeastern Mexico, Texas coasts as Tropical Storm Hermine strengthens - Sep 06, 2010
- Tropical storm forces delay of 9/11 trial - Aug 24, 2012
- Tropical Storm Karl to hit Yucatan Peninsula, bringing sustained winds of up to 65 mph - Sep 15, 2010
- Hurricane Fay menace begins to take toll in Collier - Aug 19, 2008
- Tropical Storm Fay nears Florida as residents defy evacuation orders - Aug 19, 2008
- Tropical Storm Emily forms in the Caribbean, heads for the Dominican Republic - Aug 02, 2011
- Tropical storm Fay gradually building up into a hurricane after wreaking destruction in Florida - Aug 20, 2008